Logitech Harmony One Remote

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Classifiedinfo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Logitech Harmony One Remote

Post by Classifiedinfo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Guys,

The frustrations continue to add up. Here's my problem now. I have the HTPC in the bedroom with an XBOX360 as an extender in my living room.

My living room has a Samsung 55" tv, Denon AVR 791, and XBOX360.

Everything is connected via HDMI to the reciever and the receiver decides what to switch to. My problem is as follows. First the HDMI from TV to Reciever has ARC. It forcefully changes the receiver to TV for about the first 20 seconds after they're turned on. In other words, turn on tv and reciever, change input to game, TV forces reciever back to TV.

My question is, How do I get the remote to turn on the tv, turn reciever on, turn xbox on, wait 15 seconds, tell reciever to change to GAME, and then start watching WMC.

Thanks,

CI

crawfish

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by crawfish » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:37 pm

I'd turn off the automatic switching in the receiver and let the Harmony do it all.

(Aside: One of the things I really like about my Pioneer receiver is that it has discrete codes to power-on to a given input, and when power is already on, it just changes to that input. It has the most complete and thoughtful set of discrete codes I've seen.)