Ceton InfiniTV Stuck in Bridging Mode

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
nadspink

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV Stuck in Bridging Mode

Post by nadspink » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 am

i will start this topic by stating that i already have a ticket open with ceton about my problem. the problem started about a week after getting my card a couple months ago, the card would lose focus in the system and couldn't be found again requiring a complete reinstall of the drivers. this happened about once a week and happened again this monday. at that time i decided to just do a fresh install of the os and assumed that would fix the problem. that was not what happened. after the os loaded i installed the ceton driver/software and everything showed up just fine in device manager, no conflicts and showed device was functioning properly. i then go to the ceton diagnostic tool and it doesn't pickup the card it just keeps searching so i go to mce and load the digital cable adviser and try setup the card, no tuners found. so i started all over from the begining, downloaded new drivers, got out my install instructions and when through each procedure one by one. same outcome happens so i then opened my ticket with ceton, i've sent my diag logs and i'm now waiting for a response from them. i know it's not the pc as i also tried it in my bedroom pc and the office pc both with the exact same issue. has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any ideas besides things like trying different drivers( which i did, ceton sent me beta drivers and firmware to try with the same outcome). thanks

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 am

I had a similar issue. Clean Win 7 Install, updated everything via windows update and installed ceton drivers. Everything would work great.. Reboot .. then the ceton tuner would disappear. No mater what, the Ceton Diag screen wouldn't load for about 5 min, and when it did, it wouldn't show the card. I'd reinstall the ceton drivers, then it would work for a little bit and disappear again. I went thru 6 Clean install's in 1 day. I ended up installing win 7 base, no updates, made sure ceton was working. Make an image and start experimenting. It now works, but I leave computer on all the time. (no sleep/hibernate). The only weird thing that I noticed between clean win 7 installs.. I have an SSD for OS, and on the clean installs that would boot in 5 seconds (From windows boot screen to desktop), I'd have ceton issues, but when the fresh install would take 14 seconds to boot.. I wouldn't.

The weirdest thing.. I know its not what you're looking for, but at least you're not alone.

Tom

nadspink

Post by nadspink » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:22 pm

thank you. did you ever setup a ticket with ceton? i so how long did it take for them to get back to you? i opened a ticket and was talking to someone for a little while and i sent them my diagnostic logs after an email problem with yahoo and now i can't seem to get any response. i just want to know if they got my logs and are they still messing with it or do i need to open a new ticket

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Never opened a ticket. I honestly thought that windows update was breaking the ceton drivers.. So I kept reinstalling Windows trying different updates. I finally got it working.. Hell if I'm touching it again. Its been almost a month now, with little trouble (would get a no tv signal warning, but would still record program). I do recall now, that on this last install, I DID have to install ceton drivers one more time after the first reboot.. and then after that no troubles..

nadspink

Post by nadspink » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:16 pm

i just tried it on a fresh install win 7 64 bit just for the hell of it and nothing changed. this is way out of my experience range. i would say that by the way it acts though that it is probably a firmware problem.

nadspink

Post by nadspink » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:17 pm

just got off the phone with ceton support and they took care of the problem. turns out the care was stuck in network bridging mode a had to be switched back before it would show up. i had no thought of even checking on that. they were great, thank you.

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Ceton have my +1 for customer service. They really do help troubleshoot issues and even replace the odd bad card with next day swap outs. In this day and age this is worth praise IMO.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm

My card has been rock solid since day one. Sorry that you guys are having problems, however ceton does take care of their customers. If you can't get help via email, call customer support. They are really great at taking care of your problems.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

Napalm

Post by Napalm » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm

I think I just got my InfiniTV stuck in Bridging mode as well.
Ceton tech support is unresponsive so far.... :\

Anyone know how to get the card out of this state? It wont show up in the diagnostic tool.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Napalm wrote:I think I just got my InfiniTV stuck in Bridging mode as well. Anyone know how to get the card out of this state? It wont show up in the diagnostic tool.
Right click on Computer, select Manage. Click on Device Manager, expand Network Devices, right-click on the Ceton tuner and select Properties. There should be an "Advanced" tab with several parameters. The bridging mode switch should be there.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Napalm

Post by Napalm » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

EDIT: After setting bridging to 'yes' then back to 'no' again as well as reinstalling the drivers, i can now see my card again. Now back to the original problems.

Thanks. Well, it was already set to NO. I guess this wasnt my problem.. any other ideas that may cause the card to go undetectable by the diag tool? It would be greatly appreciated.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:26 am

Do you have a different PCIe slot you can throw it in?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Napalm

Post by Napalm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:12 am

I got the card setup again with one error message in the diag tool. It says its not communicating properly. Also when i go through the WMC live tv setup im never given the host ID or data ID number that my cable company (charter) is requesting for pairing.

Yes i have a spare pcie slot.

Napalm

Post by Napalm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Ceton wants to RMA it... :|

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm

One suggestion. This may or may not be your problem, but it can't hurt to check. When my card arrived, the metal back plate was slightly bent. Even with it screwed into position, it would cause the card to pull part way out of the PCIe slot. I was going nuts with this until I figured it out. Ceton sent me a replacement card. It had the same problem... bent back plate. I slightly bent the metal back plate so that the card would seat firmly into the PCIe slot... and the problem with it disappearing went away.

Napalm

Post by Napalm » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I was able to fix the disappearing issue. It was in fact stuck in network bridging mode.
After I fixed that, the card still wouldn't complete the WMC setup, and it wouldn't give me the host ID and data ID numbers that I need in order to pair it to my cable card. It also kept saying "InfiniTV is not communicating properly" in the Diagnostic tool. Ceton looked at the diag log and said I need to RMA it, so I guess it's hosed. :thumbdown: