W7 Clean install: no DVB-S2?

Wheeker

HTPC Specs: Show details

W7 Clean install: no DVB-S2?

Post by Wheeker » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 am

I have recently completed a clean install of W7, using the recommended path to fast-track windows updates: W7->SP1->Stack Update->Convenience Roll-up. All seemed to go perfectly & I didn't have too many automatic windows updates to install. I re-installed the drivers for my TV Tuners:
  • DVB-S2: Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 (then running Hauppauge DVB-S2 Transponder Information Import Tool with a 2017 satellites.xml file)
  • DVB-S2: Technotrend tt-connect S2-3600 USB (with Firmware update)
  • DVB-T (x2): Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-T500
This set-up all worked perfectly in WMC7 before the clean install, I was able to carry-out single transponder scans to pick-up all HD DVB-S2 Channels. However, this time I can get all the normal SD DVB-S channels fine, but on a single transponder scan of known HD DVB-S2 frequencies I get no green bars on the signal & no channels found. I initially thought it must be an Hauppauge Import Tool issue, I checked the 2017 xml file & the frequencies are listed. I tried uninstalling all the TV tuners & then re-installing just the Technotrend- but same issue. I also tried uninstalling all TV Tuners & reinstalling just the Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2, ran the import tool- same issue.

All I can think of is the Windows 7 update path I used perhaps missed some update to give DVB-S2 functionality in W7. However AFAIK DVB-S2 functions "out-of-the-box" in W7. Endless googling hasn't thrown up any suggestions. Can anyone shed any light on this?