Need help with IPTV Weak Signal Issue

kenidot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Need help with IPTV Weak Signal Issue

Post by kenidot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:07 am

So I run DVBLink IPTV as my Tuner. I tried to watch a channel but after a couple of seconds it goes to weak signal now I tried it in VLC and plays fine. Is this a known issue with DVBLink or WMC?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:58 am

Wild guess here but try grabbing a copy of modern media and changing the weak signal threshold.

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Exactly as J said above. I use DVBLink iptv and as soon as there was any small glitch in the stream it would stop recording - Downloading MMUI and setting the threshold to 99% has improved this a lot (though due to the nature of IPTV its still not perfect) and i havent seen any other side effects from setting to 99%.

kenidot

Post by kenidot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:59 pm

I used Modern Media + before but never used the original modern media might try later today and see if it works.

kenidot

Post by kenidot » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:21 am

So I did what you guys said and it was still happening so what I did was downgrade it to 4.1 and it's working fine but IDK if I can get a license for that version if I buy one. Does anyone know if when you get a license for this if it will work on the older versions?

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 am

The best thing would be to email them on info@dvblogic.com I’ve contacted them since support ended about my account and they were helpful. I use version 4 and have done for many years. Works nice and stable and still does everything I need. Paying £100 for tvsouce and iptv once was painful enough, was never prepared to do it again for newer versions.
It’s a little jarring that you can still buy the latest version from their site - it’s discontinued, little to no support, no updates and it’s still full price - i’d probably upgrade if they discounted it.

kenidot

Post by kenidot » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:44 am

aquadextrous wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:59 am The best thing would be to email them on info@dvblogic.com I’ve contacted them since support ended about my account and they were helpful. I use version 4 and have done for many years. Works nice and stable and still does everything I need. Paying £100 for tvsouce and iptv once was painful enough, was never prepared to do it again for newer versions.
It’s a little jarring that you can still buy the latest version from their site - it’s discontinued, little to no support, no updates and it’s still full price - i’d probably upgrade if they discounted it.

Yeah Just did that just now. I don't mind paying $50 for a license but if the license doesn't work with the older versions then I'll just for ModernMedia TV to come out cause I've heard the developer is making a solution that works with the guide on WMC.

kenidot

Post by kenidot » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:03 pm

So I did get an email back...

"Hi Ken-Metal,
You may buy an IPTV source license at dvblogic shop.
https://dvblogic.com/en/shop
But you should be aware of that DVBLink server is not supported with bug fixes and updates anymore.
All licenses questions still fully supported.

Kind regards,
DVBlogic support team"

So that means the 6.0.0 license will work with the 4.1 version??? Still kinda confused here

mypanasonic

Post by mypanasonic » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:01 pm

from what i remember the lic. file is only valid for the version number that you have purchased.
and is locked to your machine hardware spec. (one PC)

Also have you tried changing these setting to ..

i found that between 8000-12000 works best for 1080i HD content
the default is set to 1000 which is good enough for 360p! SD.