Cable Card Activation

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jtpcamp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cable Card Activation

Post by jtpcamp » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

I have had a 4 tuner card for 10 years. Last week I moved from Denver to Canon City, Co and had to get a new cable card but to activate/pair the card they need the Host ID and Data ID numbers and it been so long I have forgotten how to find those numbers.

One more thing to add, I have tried to set up the tv signal in WMC several times but it skips the page where it tells you to call the cable company. I think that is where the info I need is found. Could you please help me!!!!

I created a ticket with Ceton support yesterday but absolutely nothing from them yet.

Can you tell me how to find those numbers? Please!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Read the instructions; it's in the Ceton Diagnostic utility.

http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/Infi ... e_v1_4.pdf
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

jtpcamp

Post by jtpcamp » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 am

Thank you for the link. all works the same except the page where it tells me to "Call Your Cable TV Company" does not show up, it skips this step. Is there another way to get those numbers??.. Is it because I had WMC and my Cable Card installed with another cable company and I just removed the cable card to return to Comcast. I got a new cable card from Spectrum cable and just ran the WMC TV setup and the call cable company never showed up.

I think that if I reinstall Win 7 that page will show up?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm

See page 11 of the manual. The Host ID and CableCard ID are displayed in the Ceton Diagnostic Utility.

I would first reset WMC before reinstalling Windows 7.

viewtopic.php?t=8437

jtpcamp

Post by jtpcamp » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Thanks for trying but nothing works. I tried the Ceton support but after 5 days, no reply AT ALL!! Nothing. Phone # does not work either.
I tried a clean install of Windows but the page in WMC/ TV Setup/"Call Cable Company" does not show up in the TV Setup menu and this is where I would find the Host ID and the Data ID numbers. The Ceton TV Diagnostic Tool does not show the host ID as the card is not paired. The only thing I need is the Host ID and the Data ID and I have been trying for 4 days to get this and cannot figure out how to get those numbers.

I suspect there is a DOS command that could get them but I don't know it. Or is there another way??? I am at my wits end. Help Someone, Please........
Attachments
TV Setup.png
TV Setup.png

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:49 am

Ceton is out of business.

After a clean install of WMC, did you install and run the Digital Cable Advisor utility in WMC? This is required to enable CableCard support in WMC.

jtpcamp

Post by jtpcamp » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:05 am

Yes I did. The call cable co did not show up.

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 am

Here's something to try...a bit of a stretch possibly. If your install is the default setup, if you go to http://192.168.200.1 on your WMC machine, it should bring up the Ceton InfiniTV diagnostic web page. Somewhere in all of the information on those pages should be what you're looking for.

jtpcamp

Post by jtpcamp » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 am

No, that doesn't show the host ID and I have checked "all" the tabs on that site.
If Ceton is out of business why does their website still work?

jtpcamp

Post by jtpcamp » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:32 am

WMC is part of Windows and it can check the Ceton card for the host and data ID's, so why can't something else in Windows do the same, like some DOS command?

lopezi

Post by lopezi » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 am

Hmm, I ran the Ceton Diag utility on my setup and the values that come back there are the same values that show up under the Cable Card tab of the diagnostics web page (I have a Cisco cable card and the section under Cable Card has some links that kick back values from the cable card).

Sorry, I don't know of any command line util that will echo back what you're looking for.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:35 pm

jtpcamp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:32 am WMC is part of Windows and it can check the Ceton card for the host and data ID's, so why can't something else in Windows do the same, like some DOS command?
When you run the TV setup wizard, does WMC detect all four tuners? There is a DOS command that can verify if the card is present, but I don't think it will show the Host ID.

Run this from an elevated Command Prompt: %windir%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe /OCURDiscovery

Who knows why the Ceton website is still online. They may have pre-paid their web hosting fees while they were still operating.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:40 pm

jtpcamp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 am No, that doesn't show the host ID and I have checked "all" the tabs on that site.
Go to http://192.168.200.1 and then click on the CableCard tab. Click on the link labeled CableCard/HostID screen.

unclebun

Post by unclebun » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm

For what it's worth, I use Spectrum, and I never had to call them and tell them those numbers. And the diagnostics always say my cablecard isn't activated, but it has always worked. When I called Spectrum the first time after getting my cablecard I just had to give them my account information and they could see all my devices (cable modem, set-top box, cablecard) and they said they were all on and working.

If you use the Ceton Diagnostics application, you should try clearing tuners and finding tuners. Then re-run Digital cable Advisor, then TV Signal Setup.