Moving to Windows 10

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
RJ_Make

HTPC Specs: Show details

Moving to Windows 10

Post by RJ_Make » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am

I'm currently in the planing phases of consolidating 3 machines into one (Storage Server (WHS 2011), TV Recording/Media (Win 7), BlueIris and HomeSeer machines (Win 10)), and adding Plex. This machine will have Windows 10 64b Pro.

My TV Recording/Media machine has (2) 2250 OTA Tuners, (1) InfiniTV 4 Pcie. I use SageTV as my Recording software, and MCEBuddy for the post work.

Will the Ceton work without WMC, In Windows 10? (I don't use WMC anyway but I'm pretty sure I remember I had to use it to get the Ceton setup (Years and Years ago)).

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:12 am

If I remember correctly, NextPVR was the only app (outside of WMC) that allowed for usage of Ceton tuners.

RJ_Make

Post by RJ_Make » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:06 am

choliscott wrote:If I remember correctly, NextPVR was the only app (outside of WMC) that allowed for usage of Ceton tuners.
I'm currently using my Ceton with SageTV through OpenDCT. My concern is that once I move to Win 10 with the absence of WMC I will not be able to get it setup.

vidiot519

Post by vidiot519 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Did you get the answer to your question? In short, for SageTV, there are no issues on the install on Win10, without WMC. Install Ceton using the last exe from Ceton and ignore any WMC references in the InfiniTV configuration. I ran Sage on Win 10 for awhile before moving to Unraid. OpenDCT will find the tuners. For WMC, I reserve one tuner for my WMC machine, so it can handle the premium channels. The rest are allocated, via OpenDCT to Sage with no further configuration, than mentioned here.
-egeller on Sage Forum

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:30 pm

You could always install Hyper-V in Windows 10 pro and run Windows 7 in a VM...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

RJ_Make

Post by RJ_Make » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 pm

New machine is built and all older machines consolidated.

Of all the things that could go wrong, this is one that I had not anticipated.

The InfiniTV 4 Pcie works fine on a reboot, and seems to continue to work fine if its used. At some point (most likely when not in use), the card just stops working.

1) All power management settings in Windows 10 Pro are off (Except HDD) and set to High Performance.
2) The Ceton diagnostic system can't find card either.
3) If I restart the CetonTRIFsrc service, the Ceton diagnostic software finds the card almost instantaneous but will not authenticate the CableCARD.
4) I can't find any errors in the Windows Event logs
5) At that point the only 'fix' is to reboot the machine.

Any Idea's?
2018-02-10_7-52-03.png