Ceton InfiniTV tuners not working

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jammala

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV tuners not working

Post by jammala » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 pm

I have gone through these steps umpteen times with no success..Hoping someone can guide me.
My setup -
I have Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner USB version that is attached to one PC running Windows 7.
I completed the hardware/cabling setup as suggested by Ceton guide and downloaded/installed thier drivers/program.

Issue - Whenever I have overlapping programs to record or one program to record and watch another in Live, I get a Tuner in use/not available or Tuner conflict message...
That should n't be the case considering there are 4 tuners...

As per Ceton Support's instrucitons - I undid all my setups and started from scratch severla times -
Went to Network Tuners and Ran "Reset InfiniTVs to factory settings"...restarted PC and went through 'Setup TV signal' setup process...still no end in sight

What am I missing?

Thanks
Sudhakar

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:47 pm

The first thing I would check is in a browser goto: 192.168.200.1

Check all four tuners for green WMDRM pairing.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

jammala

Post by jammala » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks...I will check that but before I get that far...I have a new issue.
This morning when I open either Ceton Diagonstic tool to go to the device webpage or View Live program...I get - Viewing or Listening Conflict..No Tuner available to satisfy the current request...

Basically the diagnostic tool is eternally 'Searching for Ceton device...This puts me back 2 steps..When I get this I powercycle Ceton and start over again...this gets me to complete setup...and then the other problem...If I should be something else let me know...
At this point, i can';t go to the browser page yet...

Sudhakar

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Did you ever try to setup tuner sharing?

You'd best log a ticket with Ceton. Send them a log file, if you are able to (they will tell you when and what to do).

jammala

Post by jammala » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Yep..there is a case open for almost a week/10 days now...I get an email response once in 3 days..apparently the timer on the ticket gets reset everytime they or I post an update..So there is a penalty to ask for an update/reply too often. Whatever they suggest is either resulting in a new problem or works temporarily..So I am cycling through same/similar issues since I first installed it ..15 days back. I wish they get on phone or do remote shairng and work in real-time.

Thanks for your suggestion...I will try Tuner sharing...

Sudhakar

sgip2000

Post by sgip2000 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 pm

I get this message frequently on my PCI-E version. Have you tried to tune to another tuner while a recording is in progress?

My issue is caused by my settings. I have most recordings scheduled to stop 3 minutes after the time shown in the guide. So, if there are shows set to record back to back, I get this error because MCE is trying to record on a tuner that is in use. MCE will normally move on to the next available tuner.

What are you experiencing?

STC

Post by STC » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:31 pm

jammala wrote:Yep..there is a case open for almost a week/10 days now...I get an email response once in 3 days..apparently the timer on the ticket gets reset everytime they or I post an update..So there is a penalty to ask for an update/reply too often. Whatever they suggest is either resulting in a new problem or works temporarily..So I am cycling through same/similar issues since I first installed it ..15 days back. I wish they get on phone or do remote shairng and work in real-time.

Thanks for your suggestion...I will try Tuner sharing...

Sudhakar
Don't try tuner sharing!!
That's the last thing you want to do without first getting a working 'normal' setup.

Tuner sharing if done wrong can mess the card up, that's why I asked.

jammala

Post by jammala » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:01 pm

By Tuner sharing you mean running - Network Tuners program..I did thta a while back and upon instrucitons from Ceton Support ran - Reset to facotry settings and since stayed away...

jammala

Post by jammala » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:36 pm

sgip2000 wrote:I get this message frequently on my PCI-E version. Have you tried to tune to another tuner while a recording is in progress?

My issue is caused by my settings. I have most recordings scheduled to stop 3 minutes after the time shown in the guide. So, if there are shows set to record back to back, I get this error because MCE is trying to record on a tuner that is in use. MCE will normally move on to the next available tuner.

So how did you get around it....Does WMC switch to next available tuner or do you have to do something...
At one time (brief period) when everythign was Ok, I got the same message and may have run 'Network Tuners' which probably made it worse..since then set everythign to Factory settings and am chasing basic issues...

sgip2000

Post by sgip2000 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:16 am

jammala wrote:
sgip2000 wrote:I get this message frequently on my PCI-E version. Have you tried to tune to another tuner while a recording is in progress?

So how did you get around it....Does WMC switch to next available tuner or do you have to do something...
At one time (brief period) when everythign was Ok, I got the same message and may have run 'Network Tuners' which probably made it worse..since then set everythign to Factory settings and am chasing basic issues...
MCE automatically tries the next available tuner. I still have to dismiss the pop-up though.

jammala

Post by jammala » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Just wanted to post this update...Ceton Support send me a new firmware..that has fixed all setup/connection issues...The only one I am left with now is - WMC will not recod more than one program at the same time...If there is any overlap...both programs terminate. Message in Recording History is - Recording was manually stopped at <Stop Date/Time> for use by another component...Tuner # on both these programs are different but I still get this message. I can't understand and so seems Ceton Support..They have been sitting on this for 5 days now..Appreciate any help...

WMDRM pairing status for all Tuner's on Device's home page through Browser is - GREEN for all 4 tuners but the thing that is strange is ( & this could be the reason) is - Signal Level for Tuner 2,3 & 4 is - NOT TUNED...and for Tuner 1 it is -6.1 dBMV.
How do I Tune other Tuners....

jammala

Post by jammala » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:52 pm

As it turned out, my PC was the culprit...or rather bottle neck. It was Pentium 4 Dell Dimension 4700..both OS and RAM were upgraded to spec..but CPU was choking..I was consisitenly getting 100% utoilization on CPU everytime I open Media center...

Tried Ceton setup on my laptop...everythgin worked fine...So built a new HTPC and Ceton Tuner issue is resolved..thanks