GTX1050 and WMC

Toys7505

HTPC Specs: Show details

GTX1050 and WMC

Post by Toys7505 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi guys -

I'm having an issue with my NEW GTX1050 (EVGA) I recently installed in my HTPC. I run this for WMC (8 tuners via 2 Ceton cards) and DVR capabilities. Recently Comcast (Xfinity) had taken some of there premium Movie Channels (Starz, Cinemax, etc) and converted them to Mpeg4 which Intel's onboard graphics does not decode. So I purchased this GTX1050 to solve my problem.

Installed the card, fired everything back up, BINGO! I can now see those Premium Channels I'm paying for. The RUB is now the Video (no matter what channel) will intermittently cut out and show a black screen while still having audio. Sometimes the channel will comeback on its own, sometimes I need to Channel Up or Down to get the signal back. Almost makes me think its a Handshake issue but I wasn't getting this when using the onboard graphics. I have looked around NVidia's Control Panel, the resolution is correct at 1080P, what else should I be looking for to ensure its not the control panel or card?

Again - video signal cuts out randomly to black screen, tries to sync back, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Any suggestions? - I'm ALL ears

Thanks,
Toys

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:21 am

Looks like you may be experiencing a WMC bug where if you tune to a MPEG4 channel and then to an MPEG2 channel on the same tuner, the MPEG2 channel may have audio with no video.

There is no known consistent workaround for this problem.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 68&t=10748