Issues with Audio on Recorded TV Playback

Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Issues with Audio on Recorded TV Playback

Post by Sammy2 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:20 pm

For either paused LiveTV or playback of RecordedTV if I FF or Rew I loose audio and have to close WMC and reopen then restart the recording to get the audio back. I remember a long time back the "silent stream bug" threads either here or over on AVS HTPC forums but I never had the issue so I never really followed the thread.

What might be going on here?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is there a known fix?

Playback on echo and xBox extenders do not exhibit this problem as far as I can tell so maybe I put one of my spare echos in the Family Room and use it for TV Playback instead of the HTPC directly.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:29 am

Does this one sound similar to yours?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 845#p74845

Windows should be configured to output to two speakers and exclusive mode should be enabled.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 pm

I also had the infinite so loop too.. funny thing is that I went through this about 5 years ago but forgot about it. I just made changes a couple of weeks ago and niw changed it back. I did a limited test with no issues. I will monitor and report back.

Thanks @Crash2009 for digging up this old post!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:02 am

I have that one bookmarked. Not much digging involved. Glad it worked for you.

If you ever have some time for reading.....click on Richard and view all posts. Interesting read.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:55 pm

So after applying this fix I did replicate the error again but I'm not sure where to set this in "Exclusive Mode". Maybe that is where I'm going wrong?

I have put one of my spare echos in the same cabinet and it is on a different shelf than the HTPC. I am controlling it independent of the HTPC by use of my Harmony 900 RF remote with MiniBlaster "A" talking to the HTPC exclusively and MiniBlaster "B" talking to the Echo and Roku exclusively. I had to do some reprogramming on my remote of course but I've wanted to do this for a while now so that I don't need to worry if I have the remote pointed exactly at the devices or even if there's obstructions blocking the IR signal.

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Sammy2 wrote:So after applying this fix I did replicate the error again but I'm not sure where to set this in "Exclusive Mode". Maybe that is where I'm going wrong?
In control panel / Sound... pick the correct output device, and click "Properties." The exclusive mode settings are on the "Advanced" tab. I usually have both turned on.
-Alan
-Alan

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:45 am

That was set up correctly and the AVR is set to 7.1 channels too.