Linksys DMA 2200 issues with MediaBrowser

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
bytor

HTPC Specs: Show details

Linksys DMA 2200 issues with MediaBrowser

Post by bytor » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:45 pm

(I tried to ask this at the MB forums, but no one has responded.)

Recently I purchased a new wireless router and set it up. In the process of doing this, the extender and computer “lost” contact with each other and I needed to reconnect the two.

Once complete, everything appeared to work, but when I went into MB through the extender one of the three folders was missing. Checked on my main HTPC and it was there. Scratched my head, and decided to do some looking I found a link to this: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/05/fixing-c ... ender.html and thought to give that a try. After doing that the extender (while showing the MediaBrowser icon) would not let me enter MB showing this error:

PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING The media browser program has stopped responding and you will be returned to Windows Media Center.

Huh, scratched my head again. Undid the sharing change, yet it still came up with this error. I saw that there was a new version of MB out so I updated to the newest version, yet the error persists.

It looks like I had a small issue that I managed to turn into a giant mess. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, bytor

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm

I would first make sure that your extender users (or just the group "users") has full access rights to c:\programdata\mediabrowser

If that doesn't work try removing the Extender and then rebooting and re-adding it.

To remove an Extender connection from your Windows 7 computer:

1.On your computer, open Windows Media Center by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Media Center.
2.On the Windows Media Center start screen, scroll to Tasks, click Settings, click Extender, and then click the Extender device you want to remove.

3.Click Uninstall, and then follow the instructions to remove the Extender connection.

4. Reboot the PC.
5. Re-add the Extender device and see if things work again.

If you have UAC enabled try disabling it as well.. I had a much smoother experience with MB after disabling UAC. I disabled UAC then removed and reinstalled MB and that fixed a few things for me when MB wouldn't work on my DMA 2100 with UAC enabled.

newfiend~