EPG123 now has duplicates of all channels

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
spanner

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 now has duplicates of all channels

Post by spanner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:06 pm

this morning i checked my guide and every channel has a duplicate, comcast portland oregon. for instance the discovery channel 707 now has a mirror channel 1449. this is true for every channel. when i uncheck 1449 in epg123 it automatically unchecks 707 also so i cant remove them that way. I can detete the extra channel in WMC edit channels, but they get added back when epg123 runs again. Any thoughts? What has changed?

[Moderator note: thread moved]

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Sounds like the Comcast lineup has changed / is changing ... is 1449 valid (i.e. can you watch Discovery on channel 1449)?

What do you mean by delete the extra channel?

How it works: It appears you have 'Automatch' enabled based on the behavior. When automatch runs, it inspects the guide channels primary channel to see if it is a match to an epg123 channel. If there is a match, then nothing happens. If there is a match, but the primary channel is different, then it is linked to the epg123 channel and the channel is enabled. If no match exists, then the channel is disabled.

So in order for the extra channels to not keep reappearing in the guide listings, you need keep the epg123 listing on those channels and only disable, do not delete, the channel. This way, it will recognize the match and leave the enable/disable setting alone.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

spanner

Post by spanner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:59 pm

garyan2 wrote:Sounds like the Comcast lineup has changed / is changing ... is 1449 valid (i.e. can you watch Discovery on channel 1449)?

What do you mean by delete the extra channel?

How it works: It appears you have 'Automatch' enabled based on the behavior. When automatch runs, it inspects the guide channels primary channel to see if it is a match to an epg123 channel. If there is a match, then nothing happens. If there is a match, but the primary channel is different, then it is linked to the epg123 channel and the channel is enabled. If no match exists, then the channel is disabled.

So in order for the extra channels to not keep reappearing in the guide listings, you need keep the epg123 listing on those channels and only disable, do not delete, the channel. This way, it will recognize the match and leave the enable/disable setting alone.
thanks for getting back so quickly.
yes 1449 is a valid channel as is the original 707 both discovery. there is a valid 1000 # channel for all original channels in my guide. by delete i mean remove the new duplicates from the guide. when i do this epg adds them back when it runs. in epg if i deselect the offending new 1449 it also unchecks the original 707.

spanner

Post by spanner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 pm

looks like it worked itself out. ran epg for a third time this am and now i have my normal channels, there are still new duplicates listed in the epg123 gui that were not there a few days ago but apparently are now matched up correctly.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 pm

spanner wrote:this morning i checked my guide and every channel has a duplicate, comcast portland oregon. for instance the discovery channel 707 now has a mirror channel 1449. this is true for every channel. when i uncheck 1449 in epg123 it automatically unchecks 707 also so i cant remove them that way. I can detete the extra channel in WMC edit channels, but they get added back when epg123 runs again. Any thoughts? What has changed?

Google "Comcast Master Channel Lineup" if you want to know why you're having a lot of new channels at 1000+

spanner

Post by spanner » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:58 pm

rkulagow wrote:
spanner wrote:this morning i checked my guide and every channel has a duplicate, comcast portland oregon. for instance the discovery channel 707 now has a mirror channel 1449. this is true for every channel. when i uncheck 1449 in epg123 it automatically unchecks 707 also so i cant remove them that way. I can detete the extra channel in WMC edit channels, but they get added back when epg123 runs again. Any thoughts? What has changed?

Google "Comcast Master Channel Lineup" if you want to know why you're having a lot of new channels at 1000+
Thanks.
apparently a full renumbering by genre, with all HD being 1000 #s. Not quite sure what this might mean for WMC guide data

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:04 am

Sounds like Gracenote/Schedules Direct is keeping up with Comcast changes. What it means is you will unlikely experience problems with your guide in the transition. You may need to take a look at your scheduled recordings if they are set for specific channel numbers for recording. I don't know how well WMC adapts to a channel number change.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

spanner

Post by spanner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:50 am

garyan2 wrote:Sounds like Gracenote/Schedules Direct is keeping up with Comcast changes. What it means is you will unlikely experience problems with your guide in the transition. You may need to take a look at your scheduled recordings if they are set for specific channel numbers for recording. I don't know how well WMC adapts to a channel number change.
Yes i have most recordings set for specific channels and I will keep an eye on it. my guess is they are getting ready to switch, but for now both sets of channel # are active