InfiniTV4 loses CP Auth

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV4 loses CP Auth

Post by rwood » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:54 am

Windows Media Center lost some channels with a subscription required error message while most are still received. Ceton diagnostics reports CP Auth not received. Tried replacing the cablecard and tuning adapter. After pairing by Cox everything worked for approximately two hours and then the CP Auth was lost again. Is this a failure of the Ceton card or a problem with the authentication from Cox.

System had been working for 2 years until the cable card was deleted from my account while Cox tech was trying to trouble shoot the tuning adapter not receiving one channel.

win7 media center
InfiniTV 4 PCIe
Cox Fairfax cable
Cisco cablecard and STA1520 tuning adapter

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:49 pm

It sounds like Cox has not paired your cable card to the Ceton tuner. That is required to get the copy protection authorized

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Most likely a Cox problem, BUT.

My InfiniTV4 PCIe died a similar death last March. Suddenly and without warning, nothing would make CP Auth happen. This after several years of flawless service.

I was ready to cut the cord anyway, so I used that as my excuse and never looked back. That being said, it's come to my attention over the last 18 months that maybe the pigtail--THE weak link in the InfiniTV--failed.

You might shotgun the problem and, while working with Cox, also acquire a new pigtail.

rwood

Post by rwood » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:27 am

I called Cox again and had them unpair and then pair the cable card and host. That fixed it for several hours and then CPAuth was lost causing the subscription required error message on about a quarter of the channels. I'll try finding a new pigtail to try.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:55 am

Just out of curiosity, how long does the "subscription required' last? If you are using the final 'ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMG' beta F/W, it includes a 'fix' for a CC deadlock that occasionally reboots the card (not the tuner), resulting in ~1min of "subscription required' on all channels while the CC reboots. I see this periodically & thought it was worth mentioning... recordings continue after 'dead' space'

rwood

Post by rwood » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:07 pm

My card has firmware 14.4.6.21. The subscription required lasts until I have Cox redo the pairing of the cablecard but only effects about a quarter of the channels. The same channels always get the subscription required error but appear to be random throughout the channel lineup.

Davek80514

Post by Davek80514 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

New member here. Great forum.
I have a Infintv4 and have accidentally broken the pigtail between the card and the cable coax. Does anyone know where I can order a replacement? Or do I need to buy a new Ceton card? And if I do order a new card should I just get a infintv6?
Thanks in advance for the opinions and advice.
Dave..

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:51 pm

hmmmmm. The general advice here would be to get a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime instead.

I used the Ceton 4 tuner PCIe unit since it was released, but today I have to recommend the HDHR Prime. Ceton is pretty much out of business; in addition something on my system broke last year and I ended up dumping cable and switching to regular OTA HDHomerun tuners and they work great...

So HDHR Prime has only three tuners instead of four. You could deal with it, or you could get two HDHR Primes and two cableCARDS. Pick your poison.

No, dump the Ceton--unless you can find a replacement pigtail (which will continue to be a weak spot) or a used unit that you know works, and it will STILL have that pigtail weak spot.

Davek80514

Post by Davek80514 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 pm

It's me again. The newbe.
Can anyone tell me if the is the correct pigtail for my Ceton infintv4 card? I broke the other one and am trying to find a replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics- ... AB9YYP456F

Davek80514

Post by Davek80514 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 pm

adam1991 wrote:hmmmmm. The general advice here would be to get a Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime instead.

I used the Ceton 4 tuner PCIe unit since it was released, but today I have to recommend the HDHR Prime. Ceton is pretty much out of business; in addition something on my system broke last year and I ended up dumping cable and switching to regular OTA HDHomerun tuners and they work great...

So HDHR Prime has only three tuners instead of four. You could deal with it, or you could get two HDHR Primes and two cableCARDS. Pick your poison.

No, dump the Ceton--unless you can find a replacement pigtail (which will continue to be a weak spot) or a used unit that you know works, and it will STILL have that pigtail weak spot.
Thank you for the reply and advice. I may end up getting a HDHR also.
But I may have found a replacement pigtail on amazon. I'm trying to find out if this is the correct pigtail.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Davek80514 wrote:...
But I may have found a replacement pigtail on amazon. I'm trying to find out if this is the correct pigtail.

Looking at the Q & A as well as reviews on that Amazon page, I found several that mention it is the correct cable for the InfiniTV (4 & 6), but I have no personal experience with it.

resarfekim

Post by resarfekim » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:38 am

I have the problem where after sleeping/waking, the cablecard loses CP auth. After calling the provider (TWC SD (Spectrum)), they send the signal and it's all good. But sleep, wake, repeat. Ceton replied that the logs point to hardware failure on the InfinTV 4pcie.
TWC support guy suggested there's a config file somewhere that contains the CP auth, and maybe that file is not updating properly. Any idea where this file may be? (Windows 8.1).
Also, anyone else confirm that a faulty pigtail might cause this?

Thanks!
mike