Recording manually stopped for use by another component

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
tim5455

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recording manually stopped for use by another component

Post by tim5455 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Has anyone ever fixed this problem, or at least know where to look for a solution. I recently submitted a ticket to Ceton and they had me to the typical make sure everything was up to date. After that they said it was a problem they didn't have a solution for. The thing is for years it work just about perfect all the time. Now everything has the "recording manually stopped for use by another component" If I try to just watch live TV it will work for a while then it says all tuners are in use...the comes back on in a few seconds.

I have been all over this site and the internet and never have seen any solutions...Is there any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:57 pm

The error message is basically a generic message that means there was an interruption or tuner failure.

The solution is to throw the Ceton tuner out the window and get an HDHR Prime tuner.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

tim5455

Post by tim5455 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:01 am

I was afraid of that.

Thanks

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:23 am

That sounds similar to an issue I had when I built my new server a couple of months ago. I have Prime tuners.

Mine issue was I could be using 1 or all 12 tuners.... Didn't matter. Everything would be working fine and then the "no tuners available" would flash on the screen for a second or two then the love channel I was watching would restore. If any other shows were recording, they would not restore.

The best I could tell is it was an Ethernet issue. I was using one (of four) Intel i210 adapters on my Supermicro motherboard. My switch was a Netgear 24 port ProSafe non-managed unit.

I decided to upgrade to a Mikrotik switch with two 10Gbps SFP+ ports and installed an SFP+ NIC in my server. Ran a multimode fiber between the two and my problem disappeared.

I'm thinking it was the Intel i210 since the Netgear switch worked fine (for the most part) with my previous WMC server.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

tim5455

Post by tim5455 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:57 am

Thanks for the info. My Ceton is a pcie card and no network sharing. I do use an Xbox 360 as an extender, but no problem there. I do have a Cisco Router, along with two 8 port Cisco unmanaged switches (one in back of the house the other in front. Connected by wire) I only use Wi-Fi for mobile devices and laptop. So fortunately network has been one thing I have been able to count on.

A strange thing has happened since I put up this post...over 20 programs have recorded with out a problem (I haven't had 1 program completely record since June 16(100's of missed recordings)) I don't know if the card is now working, or if the one thing I did since then was clean and defrag my registry made a difference.

I have been in the game long enough to know it could be just a coincidence. Here's hoping I don't need to buy new equipment right now. I do have another HTCP that mirrors all the non copy protected content, so I have a little time to wait it through.

Anyone else had the ceton infintv 4 start working after the errors I described?

Would love to hear how it went...Good or Bad.

Thanks

tim5455

Post by tim5455 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:05 am

For anyone who has had this error. I have had one partial recording since I cleaned and defragged my registry. That is close to 100 recordings. It may not be a solution, but it is worth a try. Also, in my case I went through the error logs I had sent to Centon, while I was having the problem and the tuner was not resetting like many have experienced with this error. I hope this helps somebody.