WMC freezing on Xbox on boot up

Rob

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC freezing on Xbox on boot up

Post by Rob » Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 pm

I have been running Windows 7 x64 as a server with Xbox's throughout the house and have had this issue for awhile wondering if you guys might be able to help. When I first boot up a Xbox I have it boot direct into WMC and if I am not pushing buttons on the Xbox remote the remote will be unresponsive inside WMC. And I will be forced to reload WMC on the Xbox either by rebooting it of using the big Xbox button and re-selecting WMC. If I hold the up or down button on the remote during logging into WMC it will work fine for the duration of my TV watching. Anyone got an ideas what could be going on? Thanks!

-Rob

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:42 am

Freezing usually points the finger at the Server's NIC...likely driver.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... afc?auth=1

xenobill

Post by xenobill » Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 am

I had this problem, I fixed it after removing the libraries from the movies section. I'm not sure of the link of where I found it but the size of the library was freezing it up. I use emby for media now, although the xbox stinks at MKV playback compared to a Nexus player.

Rob

Post by Rob » Tue May 10, 2016 3:08 pm

xenobill wrote:I had this problem, I fixed it after removing the libraries from the movies section. I'm not sure of the link of where I found it but the size of the library was freezing it up. I use emby for media now, although the xbox stinks at MKV playback compared to a Nexus player.
I also use Emby for media and use a separate HD for recording and the media library. But it continues to happen anyway. Yeah Xbox drive me nuts with MKV's so I handbrake to MP4.

-Rob

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri May 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Rob wrote:I have been running Windows 7 x64 as a server with Xbox's throughout the house and have had this issue for awhile wondering if you guys might be able to help. When I first boot up a Xbox I have it boot direct into WMC and if I am not pushing buttons on the Xbox remote the remote will be unresponsive inside WMC. And I will be forced to reload WMC on the Xbox either by rebooting it of using the big Xbox button and re-selecting WMC. If I hold the up or down button on the remote during logging into WMC it will work fine for the duration of my TV watching. Anyone got an ideas what could be going on? Thanks!

-Rob
Quick one here, have you DELETED the Extender from WMC and re-added it ? Found this to fix a LOT of issues with exenders..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012