WMC Windows 10 Has Audio/no Video on OTA Network Channels

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 pm

mustardbomb wrote:I am going to take all this crap to work tomorrow and try it on a different machine, a desktop this time. If it works, it has to be the OS, or I guess maybe something to do with this computer. If that works, I'll format.
There is one other thing you could try before format. Try the Tolbert method. You will need v8 to use as the uninstaller. v8 is available in my signature over at MDL. Make sure NOT to use the download assistant or your antivirus will go nutz.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 25#p103325

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:32 pm

It worked! I brought it to work, followed the instructions in the workaround exactly and it worked perfectly. Guide, recording and viewing HD Over The Air broadcasts all work. I haven't actually seen it wake the computer for a recording, but I'm going to assume it works with the instructions in the workaround also. This is a desktop with an Nvidia card in it, as opposed to the one I had been working on which was a laptop with an ATI card. Well I guess it was the computer and/or display adapter all along. I can't thank you guys enough, I had given up on it prior to posting here. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and give suggestions.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:33 pm

Crash, I am going to install it on my HTPC at home that also has a Nivida card. I think it should work, but if not I'll try that. Thanks again.