Dual DVB-T, DVB-S2 and getting EPG123 set

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
shudman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dual DVB-T, DVB-S2 and getting EPG123 set

Post by shudman » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:55 am

[Firstly, sorry for the long blurb, and seemingly rambling which doesn't seems like EPG123]
Have had EPG123 up and running for several years now, with no issues (after my initial dimness of how to set it up). About 6 months ago, started seeing liveTV issues on the DVB-S2 card, where sometimes the signal would be there, and sometimes not. Last week, I had enough of the randomness (I would see a channel one day, then the next it would have no signal) and got a sat guy in to check the dish, and low and behold the LNB was crumbling into a 1000 pieces. He replaced, tested and took my money. MCE did not see ANY sat channels then, not even randomly ! Did a full transponder rescan (it did find channels)...still "no signal" when selecting any of the sat channels (in the UK, so >101). Plugged the sat cable directly in to the TV (which has a sat tuner), tuned, and got 300+ channels. So the satellite and cable are ok....leaving the Hauppauge DVB-S2 card in the spotlight (even though it said it found channels on a scan). Changed the card for an identical one...still nothing. Thought, ok, let's rescan the transponder again. Still no signal. Installed the Hauppauge Win TV app....it saw the S2 card, and tuned up 300+ channels, and could watch fine. So, now card, cable and sat are proved....MCE is in the firing line.
So, went through TV Setup, where, from distant memory, it sees the Dual DVB-T card, it is happy to set it up, but then says "see other tuners but cannot set them up". I continue with just the DVB-T, run EPG and it sees the channels, matches, and all is good. Go back into TV Setup, do a manual setup, and add Satellite, Universal LNB, scans, finds 300+ channels (I remember having to do this, again, in distant memory!). Back into EPG (it still has 2 lineups shown), but now it just shows all of the Sat channels with the DVB-S2 as source but the DVB-T channels are all gone. I have tried a database reset, I have re-run client setup (hence re-gone through TV setup again) and no matter which card I add first (DVB-T or DVB-S2), when I add the 2nd card it seems to wipe out the first, I truly must be missing something here. Is it actually wiping each other out rerunning TV setup, or is EPG not showing me ?

Appreciate any help :crazy:

garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:22 am

You can't "add" tuners to your setup, all tuners have to be setup at the same time. Every time you perform TV Setup, whatever you had before is deleted and you start over.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io