Version 12 not working

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
n4mwd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by n4mwd » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:15 am

I just did the save and execute. It seemed to work fine.

Actually, the EPG123 Client program sent me to the 4.8.net download site as well. If that hotfix had been in there, it would have worked fine right out of the box.

When the other guy mentioned his experience with an old dusty win7 machine, I remembered that I had an old dusty win7 laptop also. And 4.8.net installed flawlessly on it. That's when my research turned up the missing hotfix. Both my machines are about the same age. The win7 laptop came with win7, but was reformatted with Linux for a while, and then back to 7. So it probably got the hotfix at that time. My WMC machine has been win7 all along so no hotfix.

I looked at your Github page and it said you were working on a special WMC install for win 10. Coincidentally, I also saw a win 10 OS installation available for the Raspberry Pi. It would be interesting if the combination worked together to put WMC on the Pi.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:42 pm

n4mwd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:15 am Coincidentally, I also saw a win 10 OS installation available for the Raspberry Pi. It would be interesting if the combination worked together to put WMC on the Pi.
Using the Windows build for ARM architecture. This would mean running the x86/x64 Media Center code through emulation. Good luck with that on a low power computer. :lol:
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

n4mwd

Post by n4mwd » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 pm

Depends on if the emulation is smart enough to pass codec stuff directly to the Pi hardware.

Youtube has lots of videos about it. Performance is not impressive, but better than you would think. The internet is suspiciously silent about its video playback capability. Win 11 4pi is an improvement over win10 4pi which didn't do anything at all. If WMC ran on the pi at all it would pretty much have to be on 11 4pi. The pi 4 specs are something like 8gb ram + quad core 2 GHz ARM cpu.

It would be more of a novelty anyway.