(Netstream + WMC10) no channels found

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
kapqa

HTPC Specs: Show details

(Netstream + WMC10) no channels found

Post by kapqa » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:37 am

Hello,

maybe someone can help solve this issue encountered on Windows 10.

Used to function well on Windows 7 + Windows Media Center,

am using a Netstream DTT (for DVB-T) and Netream Sat (for DVB-S) and both devices are correctly recognized by Windows Media Center (8.8.5 kindly provided by forummember here)
but on Windows 10 no channels are found in Windows Media Center (takes a long time to scan for channels, but ultimately no channels are registered).

The devices themselves function on Windows 10 with specific Software (TotalTV Player , Elgato) but this software is soo slow, i hoped to be able to use Windows Media Center also on Windows 10.

To be able to get Windows MEdia Center to recognize the devices in the first place, had to install a "driver" packgage, maybe this one is not well suited for Windows 10? or where could be problem lie?

https://eyetv-netstream-for-windows-med ... m/Scarica/

Thanks in advance for your helpl.

kapqa

Post by kapqa » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:14 pm

forgot to add that on Windows 10 (latest version) the software 8.8.5.MSI Installation Package would not update the "PlayReady" Component;

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:34 pm

You could well be right about the driver not being suitable for Windows 10 but it appears to load if WMC 'sees' the tuner(s).

The problem is that there are differences between the Windows 7 version of WMC and the Windows 8 version of WMC (the source of all the installers that work on Windows 10 and 11) as well as differences between the versions of installer that work on Windows 10/11.

For example, there are a few old tuners that work using old versions of WMC installer but don't work using the latest versions of WMC installer, so it is difficult to say what is causing the problem.

You could try using a different version of WMC installer to see if it helps.

I assume that you went straight from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but do you have any way to try it on WMC running on Windows 8/8.1? That might help narrow the field a bit.

kapqa

Post by kapqa » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:04 pm

thank you for your help,

i remember not getting it to run on another computer running W8.1 aswell,
only Windows 7 used to function, and there pretty well;
only recently it seems no longer function so well, i am getting error like
"Update PlayReady"
"Windows Media Center cannot connect to the Internet. Check your Internet connection and try again"

this when doing TV Setup, but i had found channels and liveTV is functioning, but when wanting to "TV Setup" again, it now asks for PlayReady update.

I downloaded older version from here, but it does not seem to get better with it,
https://github.com/garyan2/wmcsetup

is this the source for "older" WMCsetup for W10/11? right now i am using W11, and not even devices being recognized; maybe HomeRunHD would function better, i guess.
after all, Netstream is mostly Mac-product, and i am in the process of Switching completely away from Mac; but i have to admit, that on the Mac the Netstream functions quite beautifully.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:58 pm

I really meant even earlier versions of installer even going back to 8.8.1 but if you couldn't get it to work on Windows 8.1, I don't expect it would make much difference.

I don't think Playready comes into it but that can't be ruled out because other software such as dvblink, which only seems to work with earlier versions require it.

That can be downloaded from Gary's website if you want to try it.

As I said there are differences between the Windows 7 and Windows 8 version of WMC and that may be the problem.

I don't have any experience of HD Homerun but as long as there's no DRM involved people seem to get them working with WMC fairly easily.