WMC and Win 10 Build 21277 - HVR-2200 tuner problem

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Speedy

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC and Win 10 Build 21277 - HVR-2200 tuner problem

Post by Speedy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi. Up to this build, WMC 8.8.5 worked on my machine perfectly. After upgrade from 21270 to the latest 21277 prerelease and WMC 8.8.5 reinstallation I have problem with TV tuner (Hauppauge HVR-2200). When WMC run, I've chose my standard options (country: Poland, region code etc. and source: DVB-T Aerial). My TV tuner is detected (as 2 tuners, as usual). But when TV channels scanning started, it's finished after some 5-10 sec and I've got info: "No channels found. Check if TV device is properly connected to the computer" (sorry it's my translation from Polish, maybe in original WMC text is slightly different).

This time also Hauppauge Win-TV software doesn't work. It find the tuner, but when I chose any channel, the screen is still black and I've got such info: "Error starting Live TV - Device in Use - Check Cortana is not using your Win-TV-HVR-2200 Serial:0". Which is strange, because I have no Cortana (in Polish Windows it's unavailable).

Have you any idea what can I do with this? Of course, I can turn back to the previous build of Windows 10, but maybe there is any other way to fix it?