WMC tapped show will freeze along with the mouse

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
dojo

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC tapped show will freeze along with the mouse

Post by dojo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:35 am

Starting to have a new problem with WMC,, when I am playing a tapped show from WMC ,, sometimes the show will freeze and the mouse freezes also,,, try to back track sometimes it helps and sometimes it does not,, then all of a sudden the show will continue that we are watching what was pre-tapped. and the mouse works also...

anybody ever have that problem , can you help me......

Old John

Space

Post by Space » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:19 am

Could be the hard drive going bad.

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:28 am

2 weeks ago they placed a new hard drive in along with the power source, and this was happening before that, I tried something silly,, I took the mouse from the lap top and exchanged it for the mouse on the tower, silly but I am trying.....

REALLY appreciate your answer, thank you

be safe Old John

sdowney717

Post by sdowney717 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 pm

uninstall video driver in device manager and reboot pc.
Then see it , win 10 reinstalls the driver.
It may be corrupted.
You can also run sfc /scannow

dojo

Post by dojo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:07 am

Ok, exchanged the mouse, no difference,, but I did find out something, this happened year or 2 ago, and I have no idea what I did to correct it,,,,,

the computer monitor will continue to show the WMC tapped show,, BUT the tv pauses,,, and when the tv stops pausing it will catch up to where the show is on the computer monitor.......

I can not remember who helped me or what we did to correct it, but it was fixed for a long time,,,,,just started again..........

this will make u scratch ur head,

dojo

Post by dojo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:10 am

SORRY I forgot to mention when I go back to the monitor and try and take off WMC the monitor is BLACK, I can hear sound but no picture ,, messing around with key and waiting the WMC screen will appear or my desk top,,,

Space

Post by Space » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:24 am

Perhaps an issue with the HDMI cable? Make sure it is securely attached, and/or replace it with another one if you have one available.

Also, having the video on two separate monitors? Not sure if that is something that is supported. Have you tried displaying WMC exclusively on the TV only?

dojo

Post by dojo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi Space , thanks for getting back and your help...

I have no cable, it's wireless,, I use a screebeam that attaches to the tv,, also my tv has one built in, all i have to do with the computer is go to the lower right hand side, click that black box and go to connect and screambeam or tv shows up, I pick one or the other and set the tv to accept it and i play WMC tapped show on the computer which goes to the tv... 1. monitor...1. tv.....

that is what is goofy,, WMCA tapped show playing on the monitor will play , while the show being transferred to the tv wirelessly will pause......

sorry if i stated the wrong problme

be safe please

Space

Post by Space » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:14 pm

The fact that it plays fine on a local display but not the wireless display strongly supports that the problem is with the wireless display.

Don't know anything about Screenbeam, but wireless is not always reliable and the signal can be degraded by external interference. If you can, move the TV closer to the router (or vice versa) just to see if the shorter distance makes a difference. At least that will tell you if that is the problem (even if the shorter distance is not maintainable).

Was this working previously? Has anything changed (moved either the router, TV or PC)? Any new things in the area that might be interfering with the WiFi signal?

dojo

Post by dojo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:10 am

Miracast is in the computer tower,,, ,, it is what allows screen beam, or tv to receive what is playing on the monitor,,,, Now this might throw water on your idea,, we just watched a show from,,, https://tubitv.com/home,... it never PAUSED one time on the tv..

unlike when we play WMC recorded show,,,, ((the recorded show will play continuously on the monitor but will pause on the tv where it is being wired to))).... my head is hurting now,,, that is what makes this so confusing, it seems only recorded shows from WMC pause on tv BUT continue to run on monitor, ....when they pause on the tv ,, it might be for 1-2 minutes then it catches up to the correct place on monitor......

I just thought of this, when I have the freeze up on the tv, and it catches up,, it could happen 2-3 times a show,, when i go back to the monitor,, SOMETIMES the monitor will STAY BLACK no picture ,, now this is while it is in WMC window.........

HONEST I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP...............................I can't pull my hair out,,, I don't have any....

dojo

Post by dojo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:47 am

Space, have an update for you,,, tried shutting down the computer and restarting and then run the show,,,, no difference

then later on I noticed that when I watch the monitor it is like 1 sec faster than the tv.. so I got to thinking,, on the tv , now i just hit the button comcast which allows the WMC tapped movie on the monitor to transfer to the tv...... Wife and I was talking , a little while ago instead of hitting Comcast Button after I made the connection to the tv, we connected another way,, Tomorrow we will try another WMC tapped show by accepting it on the tv by a different way and see if it works,,,,,

If your interested I will let you know, you are kind enough to get back and give ideas,, which is MUCH appreciated......

Please be safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Old John

Space

Post by Space » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 am

It may be that shows you play from a streaming service require less bandwidth than a show recorded on WMC. WMC uses an older encoding method that requires a higher bandwidth for similar quality (although it depends on your tuner). If your network is having trouble transmitting at the higher bitrates, it may make sense that streaming services would be fine, but WMC is not.

dojo

Post by dojo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Thank you very much for your input,,, APPRECIATED....

Be safe Old John