"All Tuners currently in use" & "Video decoder not working"

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Clutch Cargo

HTPC Specs: Show details

"All Tuners currently in use" & "Video decoder not working"

Post by Clutch Cargo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:16 am

It's been literally a couple of years since I have had to install WMC but I had a Windows snafu and installed a backup which did not have WMC installed. I think I installed version 8.8.4 (could be 8.4.5?). So I am getting two issues as mentioned in the title:

1. All Tuners currently in use -
Thinking it was because I had not installed epg123 but even after I get the same error. I read about "Allowing Apps to access your Camera" issue but I have that turned on. I deleted all references to my Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD tuner on my PC and re-installed just the drivers. Still a no-go. I had this happen long ago but can't remember what fixed it it the past. Any ideas what to try?

2. Video decoder not working -
It's been so long... do I need to manually add codecs? Kept thinking WMC sets that up? Even my default WMC recordings won't play due to this

I don't mind uninstalling everything and starting from scratch but not When I tried the 'Uninstaller.cmd', I got endless command prompt windows opening. Could not stop them. :o Only way out was to CNTL+ALT+DEL and close down the PC. So now I am not sure if I am using the correct version of Uninstaller.cmd or if this is a new issue entirely!?!
Currently on Win10 21H2 19044.2251

Any suggestions would be most helpful. :(

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:18 am

Correction, I am on WIN 10 21H1 19043.1320

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:26 am

where is the WMC installer located?

the only times I have seen a problem with installing or uninstalling was when the installer was buried in a long path or had spaces in the path.