Wrong EPG guide subscriptions

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Greenhorn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Wrong EPG guide subscriptions

Post by Greenhorn » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:16 pm

It was super late and last item on my to do list to get my epg123 setup done. I purchased one year subscription from epgguide.net and realize my mistake after failed login attempts during epg123 setup. Schedule Direct is where I should’ve registered... schedulesdirect.org.

Just receive support email from epgguide that no refund will be issued due to their policy. So I’m out $34.10. I don’t know if I’m the first to make this bonehead mistake but like to share my experience anyway.

As to trial version of after registering with Schedule Direct, this thing is awesome! Ready to spend that $25 for real this time.

RedWMC

Post by RedWMC » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:46 pm

Awesome on EPG123 and schedules direct.
I wonder if you can do a chargeback or dispute on that charge with your bank.
That seems shady if you aren’t going to use the service that they are going to charge you.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Huh?

He bought something due to HIS OWN ERROR. To wit:

viewtopic.php?p=138222#p138222
i thought I was smart enough to setup epg123 without reading instruction. Let me tell you that I just wasted $34.10 from subscribing wrong epg service...epgguide.net.
There's nothing shady happening on behalf of the vendor. Stop with the entitlement already, and blaming everyone else in the world for your own screwups. The vendor has exactly ZERO responsibility here.

Tuition in the school of life is NOT free.

And by the way, that is NOT what chargebacks are for. He might try, but he would fail--and rightfully so. Chargebacks are NOT for regret. The vendor is 100% giving the product that the buyer bought, ergo any buyer's request for a chargeback is pure FRAUD.

i thought I was smart enough to setup epg123 without reading instruction.
Tuition in the school of life is NOT free.

RedWMC

Post by RedWMC » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks adam1991 for your constructive response.

This has nothing to do with entitlement. Assuming it’s a subscription service. I was offering a suggestion, it’s between him and his bank and the vendor to figure out.

Said nothing about tuition and didn’t demand that he get his money back, simply offered some advise if he didn’t know about it and offered my opinion.
I run a business and if I offered a subscription that wasn’t complete I would happily offer a refund or a partial refund, but that’s just me having morals realizing people make mistakes. It’s different if he already used all of the service and there is nothing to return.

That said I did look up the company and they offer the 2 day trial and state they don’t offer refunds. I don’t know his particular circumstances but yes, he should have done the trial first, and yes he should have read the fine print of no returns. So I don’t expect a chargeback would work in this instance, however depending on the circumstances , when it was ordered and such, I would expect a morally straight company to say well we will just shut off his subscription and give him a partial refund for months not utilized.

Have a great Saturday, sorry my comment upset you. Not my intent.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:52 am

That seems shady if you aren’t going to use the service that they are going to charge you.
Nothing about that sentence above is logical or rational. It screams irrational entitlement. "I made a mistake that had nothing to do with your business, and subscribed to your service. I'm not going to use it, therefore you are obligated to refund me my money. If you keep my money it means you're a shady operation."

I don't think so.

And then to suggest a chargeback as a logical step if the provider dares not to succumb to the entitlement attitude???

No, his credit card and/or bank has no skin in this game. Everyone played by all the rules; end of story as far as they're concerned. To try to drag them in to "fix it" would be even more exhibition of entitlement attitude.

RedWMC

Post by RedWMC » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:58 am

Love internet discussions.
Good day.

Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:03 am

Guys, I post this because I thought it was funny and informative (must read instruction). I goofed and I lost some money. That is all.

Already subscribed 1yr Scan Direct and I’m using mce tweak to adjust some settings. Good stuff. Thanks again for this program.