Create series for baseball season

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
joeski

HTPC Specs: Show details

Create series for baseball season

Post by joeski » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:50 pm

In past years I have been able to create one series so WMC records all my baseball team's games no matter the day and time. I created a keyword search for "Brewers at" with category of Sports/Baseball, Show type of Live, and to record only on the channel that the games play on. Worked great previously but now the setup does not find any matches in the program grid. I look on the actual entry of the games in the grid and they are all marked the way I would expect - Sports/Baseball and Live. Any idea what I might be missing or how others set up their series?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:55 pm

Sounds like your search indexing may be broken. Open Control Panel, Indexing Options, click [Advanced], and then [Rebuild]. It may take a bit to complete.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

joeski

Post by joeski » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:26 pm

When I go there it says 'Indexing is not running' and there are no locations shown in the list. The modify button is grayed out as well

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:50 pm

Windows Search being disabled would be the problem. You need to re-enable it and determine why it was disabled in the first place.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

joeski

Post by joeski » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:22 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I resolved the issue with Windows Search/Indexing and now the series is discovering future shows as expected! You're awesome