Blank thumbnails in Vista WMC

Discuss Vista Media Center & XP Media Center Edition
windowsxpmediacenter

HTPC Specs: Show details

Blank thumbnails in Vista WMC

Post by windowsxpmediacenter » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:20 am

I added a folder with MKV and MP4 files as a video library, but the thumbnails are black, with the exception of two MP4 files. I have the latest version of K-Lite installed for Windows Vista and Icaros 2.3.0 installed separately, and the thumbnail offset is set to 25% I’ve tried clearing the Windows thumbnail cache and deleting the ehthumbs_vista.db file, and that didn’t fix the issue. How do I fix this?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:43 pm

I remember there being a registry key that specifies where the thumbnail cache is located. You could try checking that key to make sure it matches the actual cache location. Ceton's MMC, and YAMMM I think both move this.

windowsxpmediacenter

Post by windowsxpmediacenter » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:58 am

jachin99 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:43 pm I remember there being a registry key that specifies where the thumbnail cache is located. You could try checking that key to make sure it matches the actual cache location. Ceton's MMC, and YAMMM I think both move this.
Where would that be in the registry?

Also it seems like Vista WMC ignores or just doesn’t work with Icaros, because I’ve also tried using Media Preview and that produced the same results.