Windows Media Center MPC Plug-in for Blu-ray's

peterb99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by peterb99 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Thanks Scallica, I've sent Joni a PM.

Joni

Post by Joni » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Sorry I haven't got any notifications on my email.

It seems the ISP finally deleted the site which they notified about couple of years ago.

I uploaded the files in OneDrive. You should be able to get those from there.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ANh_q56vIKVabQ

I updated the MPC-HC path on the registry settings files. I'm not sure if they have renamed any of the keys so those would be worth checking. For example there is "Remember DVD Pos" and "Remember File Pos" and on the reg file it's dword:00000001 and I don't think MPC-HC has continued playback where I left them for a while. So they changed the name of the registry key or it should be dword:00000000. But yeah there are alot of settings on MPC-HC registry to tweak if you want.

Also I recommend using MadVR to get automatic display mode switching when playback starts and ends. On this example it switches to 24p when playback starts and restores to whatever you use after playback ends.

Joni

Post by Joni » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:15 pm

I'll add the source code in OneDrive later if someone someday is interested doing something about it. This was just something really simple I did for my own needs and it took maybe a day to do and test. Of course it took a lot of time to investigate DLL's etc how PowerDVD and other BD players that had WMC plug-ins did it back in the day. It could have a settings to select player and it basically could launch any external player. But it has done everything I need for almost 8 years now so I haven't bothered. It's written in C# (VS 2010 or 2012). You could start your own thread about it and no need for credits as I just copied what PowerDVD and others did and you would probably write everything from scratch anyway :)

peterb99

Post by peterb99 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:53 am

Thank you so much for the reply Joni. I really appreciate it.

Joni

Post by Joni » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:27 pm

peterb99 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:53 am Thank you so much for the reply Joni. I really appreciate it.
Do you get User Account Protection popup when launching BD/mkv from Movies Library? I started to get it today. I think that the certificate is expired and I need to compile it again with new certificate.

Joni

Post by Joni » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:11 am

I updated the registry settings file as some of the keys were renamed in MPC-HC since I made this.

For some reason I get the UAP prompt now when launching movie. I don't know if it's because I updated to Win10 2004 or the fact that I'm using WMC 8.8.4 now instead of V12/V13 that I used previously. You can disable the UAP prompt by moving the slider to bottom in Windows settings.

Edit:
Tried this with another PC. Clean install of Win10 2004 and installed WMC V13 + SQL fix. No UAP prompt when launching BD. So it must be a problem with WMC V8.8.4 or just something wrong with my install on Media Center PC.

Barley

Post by Barley » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:45 pm

2023 Update: I installed Joni's plug-in on WMC 8.9.1 on a Windows 11 HTPC, and got it to work! Now I can pop in a blu-ray and play it from WMC using MPC-HC and LAV filters and MadVR and AnyDVD HD (and Virtual Clone Drive if I want to play an ISO). Best of all, I have full remote control capability to play, pause, stop, next chapter, last chapter, skip forward and skip back. I cannot fast forward or rewind, but that's not essential for me. I did have to reconfigure the MPC-HC keys to get skip forward and back to work. I mapped those functions to page up and page down on the keyboard, and my remote channel up and channel down maps to those keys. ffw and rew on my remote do nothing for blu-rays.

EDIT: Failed to mention that this solution will only play the main title on the blu-ray. No menu support! I have powerdvd if I ever want to watch the extra features.