Recorded TV HD or alternative

lucasbuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV HD or alternative

Post by lucasbuck » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 pm

I've used Recorded TV HD for a long time. I know it's no longer supported. My problem is it will download art for movies I've recorded, but has lost all TV show art. I didn't know if there was a fix, or an alternative I could use.
Lastly, on the default Recorded TV built into WMC, which I never use, the shows are listed with screen grabs from left to right in a single row list. I seem to remember a way to change the layout to a grid. Is there or am I remembering wrong?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:23 pm

RTVHD is still partially supported by a new developer viewtopic.php?p=141272#p141272 Following the instructions in that post could help resolve your issue. For an alternative, the best thing I can think of is Emby. For changing views in the recorded tv view, I think you can right click the screen and it will show some view options. It has been a while since I used WMC but I know there is a simple way to change views.

lucasbuck

Post by lucasbuck » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Sorry for the late thank you. I read over the post on the development and it seems a bit involved. I'm always too worried about screwing something up. I think I'll just stick with it with no art.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:14 am

Your choice of course, but it is just a case of running an installer to install the patch.

It will fix your artwork and many other bugs that exist in the last release of RTVHD.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

StinkyImp

Post by StinkyImp » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:27 pm

lucasbuck wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 pmI read over the post on the development and it seems a bit involved. I'm always too worried about screwing something up.
The developer is just trying to explain what he had to do to get it working and some of the nuances of this new version. That seems pretty "involved" and complex for the technically challenged (most of us).

What it boils down to is that the "magic and wizardry" the developer created is attainable by us little folk by simply downloading his patch and double-clicking on it. That's what I did and couldn't be happier... ;)