No Tuner Found On Startup

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
Damionix

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Tuner Found On Startup

Post by Damionix » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Good Day Fine People,

This is hoping I finally get the help I have been seeking for years to resolve my issues.
I am running Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime, and each time my machine starts, it sits of Waiting/Searching for Tuner and never finds it. In the past to resolve this issue, I had to do a System Restore and disable Windows updating. But after so many months of no security update, I decided to give in.

The other temporal solution I use is to run "HDHomeRun Setup" application when it starts, go to Advanced, and then click repair.
This leads me to believe there is a component of the HDHR software that does not run on startup. Unfortunately I am not an expert in finding out what it could be.
However, I can write a script to perform this repair task if only I knew the command line for what the repair does.
Can any one help me resolve this issue? I will surely appreciate it. It is driving my Wife nuts when she has to send me a message at work telling me to fix the TV ( We are using 3 Xbox 360 to watch TV in each room).

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

aseries

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by aseries » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Repair was what I had to do until Windows 10 1809, but not really sure. Since around then that has not been necessary.