Save to file - missing audio

Discussions for Linux infiniTV installations
gabber

HTPC Specs: Show details

Save to file - missing audio

Post by gabber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 am

Hi,

I'm using the usb version with a linux ubuntu machine.
After tuning in a channel, I try to record it to a local file from rtsp address rtsp://192.168.180.1:8554/cetonmpeg3 using avconv / ffmpeg / vlc but without any success.
audio is missing from the recording and it seems that It never gets detected.

see output at http://pastebin.com/neZGMWbD

I know that working with the pci version is a bit easier - access the /dev/ceton/ directly. but I wonder if there's any simple way to grab the tv stream (with sound) to file in the usb version.

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:52 pm

So your getting the video stream, but no audio stream... Did you compile the USB Driver posted on the ceton web site?

gabber

Post by gabber » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 am

Yes. everything was done exactly as described on the ceton website. Eventually I was able to stream both video and audio using RTSP. unfortunately it seems that due to incomplete implementation of the client utility, there's no way to stream more than one channel simultaneously from the USB device. perhaps someone knows how to access the stream directly, bypassing the RTSP protocol?

gthompson20

Post by gthompson20 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 am

gabber wrote:Yes. everything was done exactly as described on the ceton website. Eventually I was able to stream both video and audio using RTSP. unfortunately it seems that due to incomplete implementation of the client utility, there's no way to stream more than one channel simultaneously from the USB device. perhaps someone knows how to access the stream directly, bypassing the RTSP protocol?
I am pretty sure there is no limitation... I run MythtTV with all for tuners and can record all 4 at once on the same backend... MythTV uses RTP for the tuners in .26 and above so it is possible... You can go to the tuner website and manually start RTP streams on different ports, then set channels... VLC doesnt know which Program ID to select tho, so you need to set that in VLC once you connect to the stream...

-Greg