Trouble getting Ceton infiniTV 4 working in Ubuntu

Discussions for Linux infiniTV installations
jimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Trouble getting Ceton infiniTV 4 working in Ubuntu

Post by jimp » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:28 pm

I have been a long time Homerun prime mythtv user, a couple of weeks ago one of my primes went belly up (probably the cat sleeping on it finally took its toll). after poking around on the web i found that ceton infintv 4 was supported in mythtv and found a cheap used one on ebay so i got it. installed the card and then had some trouble loading the drivers until i used the infinitv_pcie-master file. after this i tried to bring up the web interface but had no cnt0 device but finally found that its name was changed to enp4s8 then after using wireshark i figured out the ip address as 192.168.202.3 but when i go to the web page there is no info for anything- under every tab on each line it just say's "not available" i have since updated the firmware and now i can access the web page at 192.168.200.1 but i still have no info. am i missing some drivers or something? i have downloaded and ran the diagnostic collection script and it saved a tar.bz2 file that id be glad to share if i knew how. thanks

bshant

Post by bshant » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:58 am

Sounds like you got further than I did, although when I look at 192.168.200.1 I can see the 4 tuners and the CableCard. I can't get the driver yo compile with kernel 4.13 and have posted my results here: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 87&t=11540

Which kernel are you running?

jimp

Post by jimp » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

my kernel version is 4.4.0-116-generic and had no problem compiling once i found the infinitv_pcie-master file. I think I might just have gotten a bad card. i don't always keep up with things and was surprised when i reinstalled in sep of 2016 that mythbuntu was no longer. So i just found an old mythbuntu disk and installed that.

bshant

Post by bshant » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:51 pm

jimp wrote:my kernel version is 4.4.0-116-generic and had no problem compiling once i found the infinitv_pcie-master file. I think I might just have gotten a bad card. i don't always keep up with things and was surprised when i reinstalled in sep of 2016 that mythbuntu was no longer. So i just found an old mythbuntu disk and installed that.
I wrote up how I got the InfiniTV 4 working in Ubuntu 17.10: viewtopic.php?p=126152#p126152

Also, http://www.mythbuntu.org/ is still being maintained and has old versions of Mythbuntu, but you shouldn't need them. I got the InfiniTV 4 card working in the current version.