MCE Samsung MR-00EA1 Updates

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
hhhjr

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCE Samsung MR-00EA1 Updates

Post by hhhjr » Wed May 11, 2022 10:23 pm

So I don't post much but have been lurking in these forums since the 1st ATI tuner. I am not sure if anyone else has any Experience with Samsung MR-00EA1 extenders. IMHO is was the best WMC Extender that was ever made, and I own, and have used them all. They all have their pros & cons, but the only con I had until about the last 2 years was the Samsung MR-00EA1 has to boot up every time you turn the TV on and it is painful about 45 seconds to the WMC screen. So about 2 years ago it started trying to check for and update ( I suspect it always did, but perhaps Samsung removed the URL?) and I need to hit the continue button after it tells me it couldn't check for updates. I know they are old, and I wouldn't be surprised if Optimum cancelled cable cards all together tomorrow, but I will use it until I cant use it anymore. I may be more passionate about it than others as the Samsung MR-00EA1 and WMC was the most integrated solution I have ever seen. The Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is or was so cool as it worked with my Samsung TV, Samsung AV Receiver and the Samsung MR-00EA1 and the Samsung smart remote has the best control of WMCE I ever used. Truly sad the it never made it to mainstream WMC users. So back to the original question, anyone else experience this failed to check for updates issue? I know it is Samsung related as it only happens on the Samsung extenders. Is there a way to prevent it for looking to update in the registry? Thanks in advance !