Unable to setup XBox360 as extender

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
skinsfan05

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to setup XBox360 as extender

Post by skinsfan05 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:27 pm

I have had WMC (Windows 7) with 4 xbox 360 extenders for years. I recently changed my router and now 1 of my xbox extenders is asking me to setup wmc connection by going to xbox.com/pcsetup but that link doesn't work anymore.

Is there any other way to setup the 360 extender manually with the setup key?

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:25 pm

I also got a new router a couple of months ago and had a similar issue with my 2 of my 4 xbox 360's not connecting to WMC.

I don't remember exactly how it resolved itself. I thought I was going to have to re-add the extenders again, but I think by just rebooting the 360's and WMC server several times they finally reconnected?

I have an HD Homerun Prime and a Homerun Connect. I don't use the 360 extenders much anymore. My TV's also have Nvidia Shield's and/or FireSticks connected and I use the HD Homerun app or Plexs' Live TV while it's still free most of the time now.

I love WMC, but with Covid and summertime, I'm not recording much lately so I'm usually only watching live TV for news or sports and not much channel surfing. For channel surfing I still prefer WMC.

skinsfan05

Post by skinsfan05 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 pm

I've rebooted the xbox multiple times but I haven't tried rebooting the computer. I guess I'll try it but there must be a way to setup a new xbox 360 extender without the microsoft website.

skinsfan05

Post by skinsfan05 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Just an update. Rebooting the computer and xbox multiple times hasn't helped. Still wants me to enter setup key but there is no where to enter it on the website anymore.
There has to be a way to setup manually maybe through the registry or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Dmcd

Post by Dmcd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 am

Just want to post my experience yesterday. Using WMC with win 8.1. Have four Xbox 360 extenders. Tried to reset one of the extenders where it would renew remote login info from scratch. Done this many times over the years. Adding new extender process ending up going nowhere with dark blue connection error screen that once acknowledged booted back to Xbox screen. Something seems to have changed. I noticed the connection error screen before for some odd start up error but now not letting me renew login which I initiated. Saw this screen first time maybe mid August when Xbox was trying to connect in normal process. Had keep the system updated until now. Had to go back to win 8.1 image I saved in February to restore extender login process. Not sure what happened but will stop updating OS now. Don’t use computer for anything else.