Linksys Extenders disconnect and disappear from network

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
JohnW248

HTPC Specs: Show details

Linksys Extenders disconnect and disappear from network

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 pm

This started happening after I installed the MSFT January 2019 security roll up updates. The DMA2200 would freeze and need a power cycle to sign in and work again. Then I noticed that when it froze that it also disappeared from Network. I switched the 2200 for another 2200 and had the same results, I changed Ethernet cables and still have the problem. The system has two 2100 (which disappear also) the 2200, all the HP x280n units are staying on line and working. The units are still listed in the router attached devices after they've disappeared from Windows.

There is a known bug in networking in the January 2019 updates but MSFT released a fix (KB4438745) which I installed and made no difference.

The units seem to go out at various times but all are gone over night when I check the next morning on all machines.

Any one else having issues?

John

TomC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by TomC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:42 am

Do you have any Smart TVs or newer media devices sharing the same LAN. If so, I had an issue where these types of devices caused lockups on my DMA2200s. The solution was to segregate the DMA2200s from the rest of the network by transferring them to a subnet. The idea is to prevent the Smart TVs etc. from trying to communicate with the Linksys extenders.