Audio driver issue WMC7 Nvidia

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Paul Anderegg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Audio driver issue WMC7 Nvidia

Post by Paul Anderegg » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:43 pm

SO I am getting this error, no audio drivers installed, popping up way too often and I have to clean install the Nvidia drivers to get it working again. The system sounds and even Media Center selection sounds all work, but when trying to play a recorded program....no. This is driving me crazy! Anyone else ever have this issue?
Capture.JPG

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:51 am

I believe this error is related to the HDMI connection. First thing I would verify is if your HDMI cable is securely connected to both your PC and TV. If you have a spare HDMI cable, try swapping it out to see if that resolves your issue.

It can also be related to the video card drivers, in some cases you may have to use older drivers to get it to work reliably.

viewtopic.php?t=4994

But if it has been working fine for a long time and just started having problems (and you haven't changed driver versions) then it is most likely the physical connection (cable or connectors).

Even though you may get system sounds, that has nothing to do with the HDCP handshake over HDMI (which is required for video playback of protected videos or live TV), if you have a flaky connection, that handshake gets messed up and you may get this error or a "display driver error".