Controling your media center: Antec Veris Basic

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
mercalia

HTPC Specs: Show details

Controling your media center: Antec Veris Basic

Post by mercalia » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm

I see some one in the USA has got hold of some Antec Veris Basic modules for not much money. A bargain if you live in the USA but even with postage to eg thte UK amounts to what they cost here new in the first place

The module fits into a floppy size bay or a standard 5.25" one with adapter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antec-Veris- ... SwxXRbX-Yk

these are really good as they hook into the hardware and allow you to turn the pc on and off ( standby or completely off) ( not just off ) and come with software that allows you to programme a MC remote to control other softwares and also modify what the remote buttons do. It comes with a simple remote to get your started. I have 3 of these already bought some time ago and wouldnt be without them. In effect turns your media centerbox into a settop box. I have found the software to be very reliable and been using this now for many years. Its a unique product.

Green Lantern

Post by Green Lantern » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks for your post - I just came here looking for something like this. I'm thinking of getting something as a backup should my old Dvico internal tuner + IR remote die. It also has the ability to boot the PC from being completely off and I was looking for something else that could do the same. Sounds like this can so that's one box ticked. The other thing I'm curious about is the software. I'd want it to a) be compatible with Windows 8.1 and b) hopefully offer customizeable profiles - for example, have a WMC profile and profiles for a couple other apps so I can use the remote to perform different functions by switching profiles (preferably via a button on the remote) to whichever software app I'm using at the moment.

Can you please let me know if the Antec Veris Basic ticks those boxes. And/or if you know of any other solutions, I'd love to know what they are as well. Anyone else reading this feel free to reply also.

Thanks!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 am

Green Lantern wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:18 pm Thanks for your post - I just came here looking for something like this. I'm thinking of getting something as a backup should my old Dvico internal tuner + IR remote die. It also has the ability to boot the PC from being completely off and I was looking for something else that could do the same. Sounds like this can so that's one box ticked. The other thing I'm curious about is the software. I'd want it to a) be compatible with Windows 8.1 and b) hopefully offer customizeable profiles - for example, have a WMC profile and profiles for a couple other apps so I can use the remote to perform different functions by switching profiles (preferably via a button on the remote) to whichever software app I'm using at the moment.

Can you please let me know if the Antec Veris Basic ticks those boxes. And/or if you know of any other solutions, I'd love to know what they are as well. Anyone else reading this feel free to reply also.

Thanks!
I have an Antec case with a similar IR receiver built into the case. The software that comes with it (iMON) will do what you are asking. It works with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7. (I have used it on both versions of Windows).
It also has an app launcher where from the Windows desktop I can press and hold the menu button on my remote (aka the green button, I use a Harmony remote and the menu button is mapped to TGB on a standard WMC remote) and it opens iMON's app launcher. You can set up iMON to launch specific apps/programs. I have mine set to open WMC, Plex Media Player and Power DVD. I just select the app I want to open and then hit the menu button (green button) to launch said app/program. Works great.

I would think that the Antec Veris Basic should use the same iMON software as my Antec case does. If you have a hard time tracking down the software send me a PM and i'll upload it for you to download as it's no longer in development. The last version I could find was version iMON_8_12_1202. I did verify on Amazon that this does in fact use iMON software by Soundgraph so this should work for what you need.

Hope that helps.
newfiend~

AdamOfEarth

Post by AdamOfEarth » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:13 am

ImageHey all, I have one of these Veris Basics that I dont have a remote for. Can I program one like a universal remote?? Anyway if someone wants one id sell mine I got it with some computers i got from my employer it looks good but i haven't verified if it works yet, however all other components work. Kind of vague but better than nothing. Can i leave an email for contact next post? Sorry all first post.