Need a copy of Ceton Echo Settings plugin

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rronne

HTPC Specs: Show details

Need a copy of Ceton Echo Settings plugin

Post by rronne » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:39 pm

I had to reload my old windows 7 machine and have lost my download for the Echo settings plugin. Does anyone have a copy you can send me? That would be greatly appreciated.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:27 pm

ceton_echo_setup_w7_13_01_16_0480.zip
(626.23 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Dean L. Surkin

Post by Dean L. Surkin » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Randy: I got your message - it looks like d00zah already replied. After all these years (and Silicon Dust trying to step in) no company has duplicated the Ceton/Media Center experience. I keep hoping my dedicated Windows 7 machine holds together.
Dean L. Surkin

john321

Post by john321 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:21 am

Dean L. Surkin wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 pm no company has duplicated the Ceton/Media Center experience
Ha ha! Thank God! The Ceton tuners were, by-far, inferior to the Silicondust tuners. The Silicondust DVR is still a failure (no ability to record copy-protected content).

I switched to TIvo BOLT and never looked back. I modified my BOLT so that it has 5TB of storage, and I'm just as happy as a pig in s**t. The BOLT has 6 tuners, and I have several Tivo mini's which connect to it. With 5TB of storage, and the ability of the BOLT and Mini's to run streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video... the system gives me everything I had with Media Center, and more.

The newest offering from Tivo (EDGE) looks even better than the BOLT... mostly because I hate the shape of the BOLT's case. But... my BOLT is in a computer rack in a closet... so I don't need to look at its ugly curved design.

I still keep my old Media Center PC around so that I can watch... ahem... ISO files... including a lot of 3D movies.

john321

Post by john321 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:37 am

Oh... and why would ANYONE still be using a Ceton Echo? It was a terrible product from the beginning. I was part of the beta. Ceton never fixed the thing. Ceton blamed the hardware suppliers for not providing updated drivers or some such nonsense.

Really... the Echo was the worst Media Center Extender that ever existed.

I have used every Media Center Extender that was ever created. The XBox 360 was the best. The Hewlett-Packard extenders were second best, and the... hmmm... was it Linksys? were the 3rd best. I still have examples of all of them around the house somewhere... in boxes.

The Ceton Echo was the worst of the bunch.

john321

Post by john321 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 am

Hmmm... my posts are being blocked. STC... is that you?

Oh, wow! This post made it through. How are you doing, STC?