Service is Unavailable on four channels

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
clones

HTPC Specs: Show details

Service is Unavailable on four channels

Post by clones » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

For several months when trying to tune to channels 55, 77 (turner classic movies), 760 (FXX HD), & 827 I get the message "service is unavailable, there is no tv signal detected for this channel. I ran a diagnostic for ceton and they did not find any problems. I have had mediacom out three times (wive was there, I was not; somewhat part of the problem) it has not been fixed.

In attempting something, I attached a signal amplifier on my system by attaching it before plugging the coaxial into the Infinitv, then I was able to get these channels and thought everything was fixed. But then it started to interfere (no signal) with several of the broadcast HD channels (CW, CBS). When I would remove the amplifier, those channels came back but was back to "service unavailable" on the original four.

The last time the mediacom tech came out, he said that the wires coming into the house were corroded, and he fixed that and told my wife that he fixed it, Not so much. I have looked into the source of the channels (my three tuners) and they are all list at 100%. So at this point, still stumped

clones

Post by clones » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:17 pm

I would like to see if this could be moved to the Windows 7 forum. ..

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:48 am

I would get a copy of the Ceton All Signals program and run it to see how your signal strength and S/N vary over the spectrum and if there is any relationship between these 4 channels. It could be that they are all on the same frequency and you have something interfering with that frequency. I had a problem with my cable channels that were in the FM band until Comcast found a bad drop cable that was allowing ingress and replaced it.

The Centon All Signals program should be available on this forum if you search for it. It is an excellent tool for monitoring signal strengths,

clones

Post by clones » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:59 am

Thanks paw paw, I was able to locate it and will give our a shot

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

kioolt

Post by kioolt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:22 pm

I have been unable to find the Ceton All Signals program. Where is it?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:34 pm

kioolt wrote:I have been unable to find the Ceton All Signals program. Where is it?
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 423#p73423
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

kioolt

Post by kioolt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Got it. Now I need to figure out how to use it.

kioolt

Post by kioolt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:37 pm

Can someone point me to a place that tells how to use Ceton All Signals? I found a broken link but no good ones.