Ceton Diagnostics: InfiniTV not detected

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
EmeraldTuna

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton Diagnostics: InfiniTV not detected

Post by EmeraldTuna » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:18 pm

been using card fine for years. Did a restart today because computer was running a little slow. After restart I lost the tuners. Device manager still sees the card under network devices but Ceton diagnostics says infiniTV is not connected
tried to ping it and it failed
tried sending support ticket but since it doesn't see the card I don't think it sent one. It just had me save the file. I didn't get a support ticket number

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Just disappeared all by itself.....

Check the hard drive.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:56 pm

EmeraldTuna wrote:been using card fine for years. Did a restart today because computer was running a little slow. After restart I lost the tuners. Device manager still sees the card under network devices but Ceton diagnostics says infiniTV is not connected
tried to ping it and it failed
tried sending support ticket but since it doesn't see the card I don't think it sent one. It just had me save the file. I didn't get a support ticket number
It saves the file, you need to go to Ceton's site and create a ticket then attach the FILE it saved. This is so they can check the logs on what is going on.

First attempt to resolve this, I would uninstall all Ceton drivers (reboot), this should bring it back to a "PCI device" then download the newest drivers, install, then reboot. Try again (you will have to re-run TV setup tho, it will remove channel lineup but, recorded shows will stay)

If you still have a problem, create another ticket in Ceton's diag tool, save the file, go to Ceton's site and create a ticket, then attach the file to it. Normally they get back 24-48 hours...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

The Mac

Post by The Mac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:10 pm

shutdown, and unplug the compuer.

wait 30 seconds, replyg and power up.

This fixes it for me when this happens.

Some mobos dont cut power to the pci bus when you shutdown, only an unplug will do so.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:31 pm

The Mac wrote:shutdown, and unplug the compuer.

wait 30 seconds, replyg and power up.

This fixes it for me when this happens.

Some mobos dont cut power to the pci bus when you shutdown, only an unplug will do so.
Your suggestion sounds like a more likely fix for this problem. But what exactly are we fixing with this? And why does the tuner get stuck and unable to communicate with the OS?

Is this a chipset/driver problem"?

Tuner firmware?