Remote Not working

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rdxwkpr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote Not working

Post by rdxwkpr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 pm

I have My Media Center up and running. Tested the port forwarding and it confirms it is working.

On my Android Galaxy S6 Android 5.1.1 My Media Center 1.3.6.5 I have no problem syncing and connecting but the controls do not work.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Which one of the features are you trying to access?

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 488#p25488
Attachments
MMC_FAQ.JPG

rdxwkpr

Post by rdxwkpr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:41 pm

I am simply trying to use my android phone as a remote control.

The scan picks up the card and allows me to connect, the remote just does nothing. Was going to try to reinstall on my phone but I am not sure how to do that without paying for the app again.

I did install the software on a table and it works fine.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:40 pm

rdxwkpr wrote:I am simply trying to use my android phone as a remote control.

The scan picks up the card and allows me to connect, the remote just does nothing. Was going to try to reinstall on my phone but I am not sure how to do that without paying for the app again.

I did install the software on a table and it works fine.
OK, I can roll with that.

Which device has MMC connected to?

Can you explain "nothing" It sounds like you are looking at the remote (up down left right play stop etc) on the screen of your phone. Use the Back button on the phone to get to the Gallery Guide Channels Etc. screen

go over to your HTPC and open WMC

Using MMC on your phone....... tap recorded tv.......tap one of your shows........tap the play button......then go to the remote control section of MMC on your phone............now you can FF RW play stop etc

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

It appears to me that WMC needs to be open on the device you want to control from the phone.

I don't see any way to launch WMC from the phone.

No wonder you say it won't do nothing.

Q: Can I start playback on an extender?
A: Absolutely, when you press "watch" inside of My Media Center if your Extender is on and is in Media Center mode you will be presented with a screen that asks you where you would like to playback the content you selected. Simply select the extender you want to watch the content on and it will start playing.

rdxwkpr

Post by rdxwkpr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:14 pm

I have the Ceton infiniTV 6 on my windows 8.1 pro computer.

Windows Media appears to understand where the tuner is and is working fine.

I have two Android devices, one phone and one tablet. The tablet finds the tuner and syncs up fine. I can control channels and such no problem. The Android phone on the other hand does not appear to talk to the tuner to well. It will find and connect to the card sync up and receive info from the card. I can get to the guide, the remote screen, the inventory of recorded shows, but can not control anything. I can not change the channel nor can I select anything from the guide or list of recorded TV shows. What I mean is that I can select them from the phone but the Ceton card does not appear to know that I have made that selection.

I would consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you could let me know how to do that without cost. Not sure if that will help or not.

rdxwkpr

Post by rdxwkpr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I am not using any extender at this point.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:49 am

All I can help out with is "Operator error". Since you operate the tablet no problem, its gotta be something else.

a guy named Motz wrote the software. Not sure if he is affiliated with Ceton anymore, other than the IOS9 project he's on right now. You could try him. He would likely know the answer to your re-install question.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=63

This post likely should get moved there anyway.

Mod 54, Where are you?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Try this.....

Go over to the tablet and dig into the WiFi settings. What authentication method is the tablet using to connect?

Go over to the phone and dig into the WiFi settings. What authentication method is the phone using to connect?

If they are different.....

Forget the WiFi connection on the phone. and.....
Create a new WiFi connection using the same authentication as the tablet.

rdxwkpr

Post by rdxwkpr » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Thanks for all the help.

Have no idea what happened, I changed nothing, everything is working now?

Guess it could have been operator error, but I have no idea what I did wrong. Anyway thanks again.