Ceton usb 4 drivers without WMC

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
GlamRockCowboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton usb 4 drivers without WMC

Post by GlamRockCowboy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 pm

I apologize if this post is in the wrong place, but I have been unable to find any of my previous posts in any of the forums. The salient question I am asking, quite simply, is: How can I install the Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers for the Ceton infinitv USB 4 when the installer insists that WMC MUST be present? I realize that I won't be able to watch any protected programming, and that's fine! I've read that some members of this forum have been able to run their tuners under Windows 10 (I have Windows 120 Pro 32-bit edition) successfully, so if somebody can point me to those threads, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance for any help or advice!

GlamRockCowboy

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:27 pm

GlamRockCowboy wrote:I apologize if this post is in the wrong place, but I have been unable to find any of my previous posts in any of the forums. The salient question I am asking, quite simply, is: How can I install the Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers for the Ceton infinitv USB 4 when the installer insists that WMC MUST be present? I realize that I won't be able to watch any protected programming, and that's fine! I've read that some members of this forum have been able to run their tuners under Windows 10 (I have Windows 120 Pro 32-bit edition) successfully, so if somebody can point me to those threads, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance for any help or advice!

GlamRockCowboy
No apology necessary. You just got here! Welcome.

Firstly, you have to be logged in to view your posts. The View your posts link is just below Board Index. Another way to find your posts is to click on your name and search All Users Posts.

The trick to finding what you are looking for here is to be a little creative in what you search for. I have had pretty good luck using the actual manufacturers model number such as: Infinitv 4 USB.

Unable to help with that particular tuner. My research has mostly been with the InfiniTV 4 PCI and the ETH6.
Attachments
InfiniTV4USB.JPG

cubdukat

Post by cubdukat » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:53 pm

GlamRockCowboy wrote:I apologize if this post is in the wrong place, but I have been unable to find any of my previous posts in any of the forums. The salient question I am asking, quite simply, is: How can I install the Windows 8 or 8.1 drivers for the Ceton infinitv USB 4 when the installer insists that WMC MUST be present? I realize that I won't be able to watch any protected programming, and that's fine! I've read that some members of this forum have been able to run their tuners under Windows 10 (I have Windows 120 Pro 32-bit edition) successfully, so if somebody can point me to those threads, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks in advance for any help or advice!

GlamRockCowboy
Where are you seeing that at? I have the same tuner and I managed to get it installed in Win10 with no such problems. And that's a clean install, not an upgrade. Ceton Diagnostics will grumble that it hasn't found components of WMC, but it will still cooperate.

Worst case scenario, you might have to use the Win7 drivers instead, since they're the last ones certified to work with the USB model.