Ceton USB Partial Recordings

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
thehobster

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton USB Partial Recordings

Post by thehobster » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 pm

I've provided some data to support, but I thought I'd see if this was a known issue here. Maybe someone can show me how to reproduce at will so I can get "fresh" diagnostic info.

I see recordings as "partial." In some cases they stop altogether. Other times they stop and restart. Either way the message is "... was manually stopped for use by another component." That type of message doesn't really tell me much. I've found nothing in the log WMC files to indicate what component was manually stopping the recording.

If anyone is seeing this, can you tell me how to reproduce? Each time it happens it's hours later that I notice it, so the diag data I'm sending in probably has a bunch of extra junk that may hide the real source of the problem.

Thanks

WhatHappend

Post by WhatHappend » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 am

That message means the InfiniTV has most likely crashed and rebooted itself. The Diag captures will have a crash log in them that Ceton can examine to find the reason for the crash.

You can look in the zip file you sent them for a crashlog.txt file.

The first line will tell you the date of the last crash:
Wall Time: Tue Nov 15 03:41:31 2011 UTC
Up Time: 18249.804886:
Version: 1.0.9.5

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 pm

WhatHappend wrote:That message means the InfiniTV has most likely crashed and rebooted itself.
The message could also indicate that your CableCard has crashed. What brand of CableCard are you using?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct