Anyone's Ceton USB randomly rebooting?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
thehobster

HTPC Specs: Show details

Anyone's Ceton USB randomly rebooting?

Post by thehobster » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 am

I've had a ticket open with support on this for some time now, but I'm not seeing much happening. I thought I'd see if I'm the only one having this.

When I first installed, I would constantly get "partial recordings." I could easily reproduce by launching 4 recordings at once. Further, the box would seem to disappear from the machine (eg, click on Network in Explorer and it wasn't listed with extenders or other network devices).

Now, the disappearing problem is gone, but the "partial recording" problem, which was gone for nearly a week, came back today.

I looked in the device log file, and I can find a time stamp that appears to show the box re-initializing just after the partial recording. It seems like the box is resetting. The uptime reading in the log bears this out as well.

I've checked the temp, and the temp 60.4C. Some other info:
Driver 1.5.4304
Firmware 1.0.9.6
Hardware Rev 4881

Any ideas?

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

I may be seeing this but so far, I've not lost any recordings. Occasionally, I hear the sound that is made when you connect or disconnect a USB device. I've never heard this sound on my system before (unless of course, I attached or removed a USB device) until I got the Ceton USB connected. Since I've not lost any recordings (so far) I never looked further.
I'll keep a better eye on this and see if I can find anything the next time this happens. I never looked to see if it disappeared in the network but if it does, I'll put in a ticket as well.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 am

I suggest trying a different USB port and see if the "disconnect sound" issue continues.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

rbmorse

Post by rbmorse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 am

Also, go into the power settings in Control panel and make sure that you have disabled all of the power savings options for the USB ports.

start > control panel > system and security > power options > click on "change plan settings" for the power option you have selected > click on "change advanced power settings" > expand the tree by clicking on the "+" next to "USB options" > expand the tree by clicking on the "+" next to "USB selective suspend setting" > make sure the setting is "disabled." Click "OK" and exit control panel.

thehobster

Post by thehobster » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:52 pm

rbmorse wrote:Also, go into the power settings in Control panel and make sure that you have disabled all of the power savings options for the USB ports.
That's one of those things I always overlook. I've made the change now and will see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion!

rivertin89

Post by rivertin89 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:00 pm

My Ceton USB reboots at least 4 times a day giving me "Viewing or listening conflict: No tuners". My PC makes the lose connection then re-connection sound.I have disabled the usb power saving mode in the control panel and I have plugged it into it's own hub and it still doesn't work.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Log a ticket with Ceton if you haven't already.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 pm

I've put a ticket in on the 5th and was told they have reproduced the problem and are working on a fix. Then I sent more info a few days later but as of yet, have not heard anything else.
Anyone know more?

Rafisher79

Post by Rafisher79 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Any news on fixing the rebooting flaw? Last post from on AVS from Ceton was December 7th, and I've bought three of these for family for Christmas. The first one i set up is rebooting and i don't want to set up the rest of them until the problem is fixed. I have the pci-e version since it came out and it's been pretty solid.

Blamey

Post by Blamey » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:49 pm

I was having this issue but Ceton provided me with a beta firmware update that mostly fixed the issue.The tuner would still become unavailable and disconnect from the USB but would usually resolve itself within a minute.

I have since switched from a wireless connection to a wired connection to add an XBOX extender and have not had any issues since. Very nice to have this working and am very please with the functionality.