Multiple Issues with InfiniTV ETH 6, anyone else?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kd6icz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by kd6icz » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 am

nxsfan wrote:
In my case the fix was simple: Disable "Energy Efficient Ethernet" in the network adapter properties on the WMC host.
Would that be a Realtek NIC by any chance?

nxsfan

Post by nxsfan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:34 am

kd6icz wrote:
nxsfan wrote:
In my case the fix was simple: Disable "Energy Efficient Ethernet" in the network adapter properties on the WMC host.
Would that be a Realtek NIC by any chance?
Nope, Atheros GbE LAN which worked perfectly with everything else (including my HDHRs).

bds3151

Post by bds3151 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Many thanks to kd6icz for the suggestion on replacing the ethernet switch. I went with the Cisco SB300 switch, set flow control on all ports and the adapter on the HTPC. Between going with the larger power supply on the eth6 and the switch, there are no more error messages, tuning is quick, and live tv through my extender doesn't stutter. I now can say the eth6 is a great product.

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 pm

where did u buy this bigger power adapter for the eth?

bds3151

Post by bds3151 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:29 pm

They are available many places on the web. I had this one available so I didn't buy a new one. You want a 12v with at least 3amp capacity. Here is an example...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-3A-AC-Po ... 4897.l4275

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Those are the exact ones I bought and just installed on my 2 ETH's.

As far as my long winded exasperation post on the first page with Ceton, they were right all along.

A Comcast truck came by last week. The tech looked at my cable TV setup in my wiring closet. It's pretty involved. The outside cable goes into a 4 way splitter. One leg goes to the cable modem, one leg goes to an eight drop amplifier with runs to the rest of my rooms, and two legs go to my two ETH's. The only thing he replaced was the MOCA filter on the main input with their's that installs out side the house. The techs are finally up to speed on MOCA since Comcast now has a device that runs in the house (which I don't have).

He found signal distortion which was external and tracked it to the distribution point across the street. Another truck rolled out at 10 PM and replaced it.

Since then I've no issues with ETH's and both Echos (via MOCA) are working great.

Because of trying to solve these issues, I've run CAT6 from the HTPC and both Echo's to a Netgear GS105E managed switch, along with external fans to cool both ETH's. Which is probably a plus in the long run.

My NetGear MOCA units have always worked fine.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:47 pm

After 3 hours on the new power supplies for the ETH's, they're barely warm. The Ceton ones got pretty hot.

th83

Post by th83 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am

nxsfan wrote:In case any of you missed it in my thread, I experienced some similar issues. During recordings or Live TV a glitch in the stream would cause WMC to grab a new tuner from the pool leaving the previous tuner unusable. This meant tuners would slowly be decommissioned until eventually I hit the "No Tuners Available" error which would be fixed by rebooting the InfiniTV Eth.

I found and disabled this setting about a week ago. Was having the notorious 'no signal' message and found that WMDRM was Red on the Ceton. As soon as I disabled Energy Efficient Ethernet, WMDRM went green and the 'no signal' message went away. No issues since then, will report back after a while. What I'm finding is that either the ETH, drivers, or both are EXTREMELY sensitive. I know support always says it must be a network issue, setting on the NIC, or whatever, but if Ceton wants people to actually enjoy (and recommend) their products, they should not be so bleeping sensitive to every. tiny. little. thing.

bigsid05

Post by bigsid05 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:32 am

I know this is an old thread but I'm having similar issues with my ETH. It appears to be rebooting randomly - would replacing the power supply likely rectify this?

If so, does it require a 5.5 / 2.5mm connector (as the power supply linked to above does) or a 5.5 / 2.1mm connector (as I've seen discussed in other threads)?