No Signal. Failed to acquire signal PCR lock

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
lornaevo

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Signal. Failed to acquire signal PCR lock

Post by lornaevo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:44 pm

So this started about 3 weeks ago and I assumed it was a problem with TWCNYC. I had them out and they checked their signal levels and said it's perfect. If I go directly from the cable line to Ceton Infinitv 6 I get about -5.5db and if I connect the Tuning Adapter I get -33db. I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do. Time Warner insist it's a ceton problem.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm

F-22 pilots hate when that error pops up.

lornaevo

Post by lornaevo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:13 pm

adam1991 wrote:F-22 pilots hate when that error pops up.
I bet they do.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:40 pm

Are you running the coax through the TA? If so, try using a splitter before the TA and hooking the InfiniTV directly to the splitter (only connect USB to InfiniTV)
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:33 pm

lornaevo wrote:So this started about 3 weeks ago and I assumed it was a problem with TWCNYC. I had them out and they checked their signal levels and said it's perfect. If I go directly from the cable line to Ceton Infinitv 6 I get about -5.5db and if I connect the Tuning Adapter I get -33db. I am at my wits end and have no idea what to do. Time Warner insist it's a ceton problem.

Does anyone know a fix for this?
Are you on a Moto or Cisco system?
TWC should measure the signal at the input to the tuner and not at the drop. To me it sounds like the signal amp in a Cisco 1520 is bad, don't know if the Moto TA has an amp on the feed thru or not. If they read the signal coming out of the TA, they would have seen the problem.

Eric's suggestion is what is considered the best connection. Each side of the signal gets a -3.5 dBmV hit from the splitter. Moto TAs have a 6 dBmV drop and the Cisco should actually be about neutral or + 3 dBmV. BUT going with the splitter you are getting a clean signal to each device. -33 dBmV is basically no signal or a signal so low that it can't be tuned.

If it is a Cisco TA, a replacement would probably fix the issue and leave everything in place. I'd go for Eric's connections scheme AND replace the TA because you never know what'll be the next thing to fail. Those TAs really do have a lot of work to do (connecting to the node, keeping track of active programs on the note, getting a channel map and requesting channels that aren't locally on the node when you want to watch something else.

KDJones2000

Post by KDJones2000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:38 am

Very old post I know, but I wanted to show what fixed this issue for me and my Cisco TA.

I followed this link and by simply restarting the Cisco Tuning Adapter Service in Win 7, everything works again.

https://www.coolcomputing.com/article.php?sid=4590