CableCard is busy with binding

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
tootal2

HTPC Specs: Show details

CableCard is busy with binding

Post by tootal2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

today i installed 2 updates from microsoft and now my cable card does not work. says card is busy with binding.
is my cable card bad or could the updates be the problem?

the updates
kb2574819 and kb2592687

I uninstalled them and still have the problem.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Power down the PC, remove the cable card and re-seat it. Reboot the PC and see if that helps.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm

The updates aren't the cause (though a reboot could somehow trigger it). Try power-cycling everything.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

tootal2

Post by tootal2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:41 am

That fixed it. i guess it happen becouse i didnt reboot my computer in 2 weeks. it happened right after i installed the updates and rebooted.

newfiend wrote:Power down the PC, remove the cable card and re-seat it. Reboot the PC and see if that helps.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 pm

If all else fails try a reboot.. Windows needs to reboot every so often. I have mine set to reboot every night.. It just seems to work better that way.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 pm

newfiend wrote:If all else fails try a reboot.. Windows needs to reboot every so often. I have mine set to reboot every night.. It just seems to work better that way.
I'd have to disagree - a good installation of Windows7 doesn't require regular rebooting. If you find that you need to reboot Windows 7 regularly to get it to act normally, it's usually because of 3rd party cruft, not because of Windows 7 itself.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Agreed with foxwood - windows does *not* need a reboot every so often - it's 3rd party stuff that gets installed on it (like drivers) that cause the problem - though that wasn't the case here. Without exact logs I can't say for certain what happened here, whether the CableCARD or InfiniTV was at fault.

slowbiscuit

Post by slowbiscuit » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 pm

7MC never needs a reboot until you get the dreaded (and rare) 'tuner not available' messages when no tuners are in use. I haven't tried kicking ehrecvr to see if that would fix the problem, but a reboot for sure does. People have reported this issue for both the HD Homerun Prime and the InfiniTV, so I'm guessing it's a WMC bug. Never saw a confirm on that though.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 pm

slowbiscuit wrote:7MC never needs a reboot until you get the dreaded (and rare) 'tuner not available' messages when no tuners are in use. I haven't tried kicking ehrecvr to see if that would fix the problem, but a reboot for sure does. People have reported this issue for both the HD Homerun Prime and the InfiniTV, so I'm guessing it's a WMC bug. Never saw a confirm on that though.
Kicking ehrecvr will likely fix it. I have occasionally see ehrecvr get in some sort of zombied state.