Unable to Tune Channels

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
gliff159

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to Tune Channels

Post by gliff159 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:19 pm

So I have had the infiniTV4 for years, since it came out I was really into this scene back then, since then I have pretty much stopped watching TV with the exception of a few occasions, So it was not a big deal when the guide listings went out, but now I can't get anything. Even the channels that should come thru regardless of status, like local channels say there isn't a tuner, but I can see it in both device manage and see an active network connection...

This might have been caused by a recent upgrade, I put another video card in my computer and moved the ceton form a 16x pci-e slot to a 4x.

I dont even know where to start can someone point me in the right direction.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Start with the Ceton Diagnostics in All Programs.

[edit]
If you don't mind starting from scratch, in the Ceton Diags tab, clear tuners button, wait until confirmation, then discover tuners button and wait.
Then fire up Media Center and run through setup again.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

gliff159

Post by gliff159 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 am

I pulled up that tool, tho I dont see a clear tuners button, the only thing that stuck out was that it says the tuning adaptor is not plugged in, but I have no idea what means

STC

Post by STC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Ignore the tuning adapter message.

In your HTPCs present state, what happens when you run through Media Center 'Setup TV Signal'?

If Media Center does not find the tuners, to download and install the latest infiniTV drivers (with the reset tuners button) go here:
http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support

gliff159

Post by gliff159 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

I have now done that is it important to update the firmware on the card? because even after that update windows media center is still saying no tuners available.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:38 pm

gliff159 wrote:I have now done that is it important to update the firmware on the card?
It won't hurt, and now with the newer drivers you will get the option to clear and find the tuners, then run 'Setup TV signal' again.

gliff159 wrote:because even after that update windows media center is still saying no tuners available.
See above. Be sure to run 'Setup TV Signal' in Media Center.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:01 pm

gliff159 wrote:This might have been caused by a recent upgrade, I put another video card in my computer and moved the ceton form a 16x pci-e slot to a 4x.
Odd - you're the 2nd one today

gliff159

Post by gliff159 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:53 pm

now its saying service is unavailable :( and that there is no TV signal detected. But I'm getting internet from the same splitter?

STC

Post by STC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm

You're not giving me much feedback, so I would suggest that now would be the time to create a ticket with Ceton:

http://cetoncorp.com/support/

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 pm

gliff159 wrote:now its saying service is unavailable :( and that there is no TV signal detected. But I'm getting internet from the same splitter?
Who is your cable operator? If you require a tuning adapter, not having one could cause the issue that you are describing
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

gliff159

Post by gliff159 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm

erkotz wrote:
gliff159 wrote:now its saying service is unavailable :( and that there is no TV signal detected. But I'm getting internet from the same splitter?
Who is your cable operator? If you require a tuning adapter, not having one could cause the issue that you are describing
comcast, but I should be able to get something on the lower channels and on any channel that I have a box in the same house on

gliff159

Post by gliff159 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 pm

STC wrote:You're not giving me much feedback, so I would suggest that now would be the time to create a ticket with Ceton:

http://cetoncorp.com/support/

Im not really sure what else to tell you is there a tool to see the signal strength on each channel? I can see that there is network activity between my computer and the ceton card.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

I would recommend that you upgrade to our latest beta software and firmware release. If the issue persists beyond that, please open a support ticket with us.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation