Recordings stopped when windows update client resumes

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
prouton

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recordings stopped when windows update client resumes

Post by prouton » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm seeing a problem with recordings being stopped at arbitrary times, and I think there is a correlation with the Windows Update Client "resuming".

The Media Center log is reporting that show X "was manually stopped on" Y date and time "for use by another component". The System log on the two latest occasions reported that "windows update client has resumed" within seconds of the Media Center log entries. Since no one was in front of the HTPC at the time of the aborted recordings, there was no other input to the machine.

The two latest incidents occurred Friday at 6:00pm (two shows that had just begun recording at 5:59pm were both stopped) and 9:37pm (one show had been recording since 8:59pm).

Also, "check for windows updates" on the HTPC is set to "never". So why the heck is Windows Update Client starting and stopping multiple times throughout the day (no pattern to when), and why would it interfere with the tuners?

Slinkynose

Post by Slinkynose » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 am

Had to comment on this dead thread. I just had this exact same thing happen to me. I also have Windows Update set to never. Is there any way to totally stop Windows Update here?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:56 am

turn off the update service itself.