'Civil Authorities' test message scrolling?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
aweber

HTPC Specs: Show details

'Civil Authorities' test message scrolling?

Post by aweber » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:24 pm

I guess there's some scheduled test message for (looks like) most of the East Coast of the US. It's been scrolling non-stop for about 10min, and says it's scheduled until 12:05PM EST -- which would be for a full hour???

The channel I was watching (ESPN HD) went blank when it started, and I only glanced up at it and assumed it was one of the more traditional "tests" that lasts like 30sec. After a while I tried changing the station, and the new station tuned-in (but with the scrolling textbox at the top continuing). I went back to ESPN and it tuned in fine, so maybe there's an issue/bug when one of these messages first appears (it disrupts the current channel).

So two questions:
1) I assume others are seeing this same test message?
2) Any way to "acknowledge" the message and make it go away? You'd think they'd give you that option, because they can then assume you've gotten the message, if you're acknowledging it!

-AJ

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

This is an EAS message. Tuning to black is what is known as a "force tune" - there typically is additional information on that channel.

There is a bug in WMC which causes the scroll to not go away in some situations. We are currently working with Microsoft on this issue. It affects all CableCARD tuners (not just the Ceton InfiniTV).
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:19 am

It would be nice to not have to restart in order to remove the message. I hope MS works with you guys..
Greg