No tv signal on all channels

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
habsfan

HTPC Specs: Show details

No tv signal on all channels

Post by habsfan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 am

I had my Infinitv since it released and haven't had any issues. All of a sudden I got a message that it could not record a show tonight because there was no tv signal. I tried to access different channels and they all say no tv signal available. I ran through the ceton diagnostics and on the Device tab, I have all green checks. On the cable card tab, 1-9 have green checks while 10 has a magnifying glass. When I type in a channel to tune (I tried several) they all say fail to tune. I also tried to unplug the cable card and checked all the connections which are fine.

I called comcast and they are sending a tech out. I was just wondering if this seems like a cable card issue or a problem with the Infinitv. Is there any other troubleshooting I should do?

Thanks!

habsfan

Post by habsfan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I went to Comcast and picked up a new cable card just in case and I had the same issue. The tech came out and checked the signal levels and they were fine and not what was being reported by the Cetoan diagnostics (currently -47.1). I believe he had it reporting around -8 when hooked up to his meter. He said it had to be either a bad tuner or the connector on the back of the of the Ceton that the cable wire plugs into. I opened a ticket with ceton so I'll see what they say but it looks like I need to get a new card. :x Luckily the price is now half of what I originally paid.

habsfan

Post by habsfan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Gotta love Comcast when it comes to cable cards. Ceton had me clear the channel map and it never downloaded a new one so I called Comcast to resend the signal. It never did download it so I called back and was told there is an issue in my area with cable cards. :evil: Nothing like wasting an entire day on this. I just tried it this morning and signal levels are all -6.0db and working perfectly.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 am

habsfan wrote:I went to Comcast and picked up a new cable card just in case and I had the same issue. The tech came out and checked the signal levels and they were fine and not what was being reported by the Cetoan diagnostics (currently -47.1). I believe he had it reporting around -8 when hooked up to his meter. He said it had to be either a bad tuner or the connector on the back of the of the Ceton that the cable wire plugs into. I opened a ticket with ceton so I'll see what they say but it looks like I need to get a new card. :x Luckily the price is now half of what I originally paid.
Signal levels are per-channel (technically per QAM), so most likely you and the rep weren't comparing the same thing, but without more data I can't say. If you don't get anywhere tomorrow, feel free to PM me your ticket #.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation