Adding Network Tuner Support

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
glorp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Adding Network Tuner Support

Post by glorp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

So a week ago I added a new InfiniTV4 PCIe to my DVR PC and got it authorized with the cable company. Been working fine for a week now. Was a little confused about which installation package to use for the first install but ended up using the standard release version of drivers (1.5.4304.06-20111017) from the Ceton site. Now I want to share a tuner with my upstairs HTPC but I'm finding out that there is no separate install package to do that. So do I just now install the beta drivers from the Ceton site (2012.08.28.0019) and that will add the WMC wizard plugin to set up network tuners? And if that's what to do, do I just run the installer again over the previous setup and let it upgrade what's already installed? I read the install instructions for network tuner installation but no where does it speak to the issue of how to actually get the wizard installed in the first place particularly if it's going on to an existing installation.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see that the wizard is already installed and available to be used for setup on the installed WMC. It's just a little different than what the installation instructions show.