replaced ceton tuner now getting spinning circle - HELP

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
kalex

HTPC Specs: Show details

replaced ceton tuner now getting spinning circle - HELP

Post by kalex » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 pm

So my old ceton tuner was just replaced by ceton as they deemed it defective. I removed my old tuner and installed new one. They told me in the ticket that i need to run Setup TV Signal again after installing new tuner. At first I went into media center and got a popup that said new tuner discovered but after running through the process turns out that media center detected my HD Homerun OTA tuners. I restarted my computer and went into Setup TV Signal in settings of MCE. I confirmed that it will disrupt live viewing on extenders and clicked yes to continue. Now I have the spinning circle for past 20 minutes. CEton diagnostics sees the tuner without any problems.

Any ideas what i can do to get this working?

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm

If you open the Ceton Diagnostic Utility, click on the DEVICES tab and at the bottom you'll see two buttons of interest

1. Clear Tuner Configuration (press that)
2. Discover Tuners (press that next)

Now go into Media Center and Tasks and TV and Set-up

If you still don't see the tuners, then right click on computer and select MANAGE, when that opens at the top is SCHEDULED TASKS, keep opening that Scheduled Task Libary/Microsoft/Windows/Media Center and then look for OCUR Discovery. When you find it, highlight it and then from the Action Menu, Choose RUN (have Media Center closed when you run these various tasks) and then Open Media Center, with any luck you'll get a pop-up with Do you Want to Set UP a CableCARD tuner.

By the way, while you're in the Diagnostic Utility you can get all the information you need to pair the cableCARD with your new tuner. You have to do that because every tuner has a unique Host ID and the card needs to be set to pair with this new host.

kalex

Post by kalex » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:21 pm

was able to clear tuner config and discover. WMC only detects Digital Antena (ATSQ) (2 Tuners) those are HD Homerun.

just tried ocur discovery task - same result only HDHomerun is detected

Diagnostics shows the following screen shot. Do i need to reinstall drivers? Ceton told me that reinstall is not necessary

EDIT: Uninstalled/Installed drivers and went through TV setup in WMC and still only detects HDHomerun OTA

Thanks

Alex
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 5.19.58 PM.png

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Looks like something is wrong with your driver---did you have this set-up as shared/network before? That's one thing that causes this. (You can remove those network settings back in the diagnostic tool with the first button).

You might also go here and download the latest beta driver set with a new diagnostic tool.

DO NOT INSTALL NETWORK unless you are actually sharing tuners on a network. And for getting started again, I'd make sure that they weren't installed as shared. When you do that it changes the IP address, etc. and if the tuners aren't set-up to be used on this computer then Media Center will never find them.

http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/b ... er-update/

kalex

Post by kalex » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:59 pm

nope never installed nor used Network sharing. Before my tuner was replaced I installed latest drivers from the website. i was unable to flash latest firmware to my old ceton and they shipped me new one.

Let me try latest beta ones. maybe it will help

EDIT: looks like beta drivers and reboot got it reporting normally in diagnostics tool . Going through TV Signal Setup now.

Interesting that i just tried diagnostic utility once and it didn't see the tuner, then opened it again and tuner was detected. Does WMC disable tuner during its scanning? very strange. It could also be defective replacement. I have not heard back from Ceton support yet via my ticket. It is saturday though so I guess they are off
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 6.12.05 PM.png

kalex

Post by kalex » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:26 pm

new development. it seems that tuner dispears from windows.

here is what i just tried. rebooted computer went into ceton diagnostics and everything was working normally. Launched WMC and went into settings --> TV --> TV Signal. Got the spinning circle and after about 1 minute tuner stopped being detected by Ceton diagnostics tool. So somehow WMC causes the tuner to drop dead even though the blue light is on. Very strange. Anything else you can think of I can try?

EDIT just as I finished typing this post, tuner reappeared back in windows.

EDIT 2: tuner is not show up again in diagnostic tool says searching for tuner. Light is still blue. I guess thats why it keeps not being detected by WMC

EDIT 3: noticed that light was off and then all of a sudden blue light came on (flashing) then turned solid blue and diagnostics picked up the tuner

EDit 4 :) just as a started examine your TV signal tuner got lost again and reappeared during halfway mark of examine your tv signal

Edit 5: WMC detected on OTA tuners. Diagnotics showed "InfiniTV is not responding, disable 3rd party firewall and try again" then it refreshed and went back to 4 green check marks. I don't ahve any firewalls except for built in windows one and no AV on the computer. starting another scan now. and scan detected only OTA again.

Edit 6: tuner dropped dead again from diagnostics during examining your tv signal. then showed up again 30 seconds later or so.
Edit 7: so i was watching the light on the tuner and half way through examining TV signal it was solid blue. Then it turned red, then turned off, then flashed blue then solid blue and WMC showed only OTA tuner

Damn this is annoying way to spend my day off
I think it maybe time to go for PRIME

kalex

Post by kalex » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Well after wasting most of saturday and today on this issue i decided to install original tuner back and everything is working fine. So looks like the "new" tuner i was sent by ceton is defective and I got 0 support from them. Granted it was a saturday but they do list saturday as working day. now to add more to this nonsense is I started getting macro blocking on channels that go through ceton.